Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Galaxy S2 performance

• 07-09-2012 6:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭

Hey, right now I am using galaxy ace and today I went mad at it, it really pissed me off because just by having two apps running it was mad slow, I couldn't even use navigation properly, it was so slow that it didn't even turn screen when I rotated it. So I decided to get Galaxy S2, I was wondering what is performance of Galaxy S2? any good? Will I notice any difference? or should I get iPhone? I need a phone that can have:
    facebook, gmail, internet, calls, sms and navigation, well and alarm clock :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭Big Lar

SG2 is a top class phone and you should have little or no problems with lag.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Did it aged well? Still a good android phone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Have you moved all the apps you can to the SD card freeing up ram? Do you restart the phone occasionally?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭arleitiss

BostonB wrote: »
    Have you moved all the apps you can to the SD card freeing up ram? Do you restart the phone occasionally?

I do, but it still lags

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

Did it aged well? Still a good android phone?

Still good

I played with SGS3 ,SG Note,Iphone 4s and I have to say that size wise is perfect for SGS2 . Still support available on XDA developpers and hopefully I'll get JB very soon.Obviously newer phones will have better specs soft/hardware related but I'll be keeping my SGS2 for atleast a year before getting something decent with a (4.3 in) screen size .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

S2 is still feckin expensive.

I'd buy one if the price had come down but it remains stubbornly high

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

All Android phones lag. Its not going to be as bad, but in my experience iPhones or Windows Phones are the fastest. S2 has quite good performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,346 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I have JB on my S2 and it runs super smooth. The only issue I have is that some of my essential apps are not available for JB yet.

Advertisement