Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rape victim murders rapist

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,665 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

the question remains,

how will this stand up in court?:D

There was the 93 old who was aquitted of rape when the evidence failed to stand up in court, but we digress....

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

steddyeddy wrote: »
    My point regarding your point would be some think it would be anti human rights to allow abortion. I wouldnt be anti abortion.

Yeah, that's a fair point. But many women, especially internationally, would see abortion as a right, and would see Turkey as more progressive in this regard.
    the question remains,

how will this stand up in court?:D

His head was chopped off, not his legs...

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

Inspirational woman. If more did that there would be less rapists in the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭eyeball kid

Einhard wrote: »
    Many people think abortion is a fundamental choice for women, and would point out that it's ironic that a country with an allegedly shoddy treatment of women would allow it, while Ireland doesn't.

Thats what we haven't had in a while around here. A good old abortion thread ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    The amount of victim blaming on this thread...
    I don't see any. Nobody's saying or implying it's her fault she was raped.

Her traumatised state and desire for revenge are understandable but she still took a life and for that there should be consequences.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 155 ✭✭jay92

She should be commended and used as an example for all the decent people in humanity that It's time we stopped taking **** from the scum of the earth and start dishing out our own punishments.

A revolution is what's needed in Ireland

*I know this didnt happen in Ireland Im just saying..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Madam_X wrote: »
    I don't see any. Nobody's saying or implying it's her fault she was raped.

Her traumatised state and desire for revenge are understandable but she still took a life and for that there should be consequences.

Missed the joke there I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

It could just as easily be that she was having an affair with him and became pregnant. Her husband's out of town as a seasonal labourer so she can't pass the baby off as his, so she accuses him of raping her.
    The amount of victim blaming on this thread...

Which victim do you mean?

goose2005 wrote: »
    It could just as easily be that she was having an affair with him and became pregnant. Her husband's out of town as a seasonal labourer so she can't pass the baby off as his, so she accuses him of raping her.
    I doubt it could "just as easily be" really...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

She deserves everthing she gets. Hate ignorant fools that think by saying "he got what he deserved" makes them morally superior or some ****. She's a murderer and she mutilated the body after. Thats some sick ****.
    We can't go backwards thinking it's OK to murder people because they some something wrong. Yes, he's a scumbag. Yes, she's a right to be angry, but two wrongs don't make it right.
    People taking the law in to their own hands, usually ends with innocent people dying or getting seriously injured. If we all had that mentallity we'd be all ****ed.

I don't think what she did was right. However she was not in a clear mental as a result of the trauma that he created. This all dependent upon the fact that he allegedly raped her. To say that 'She deserves everything she gets.' is an oversimplification of a very complex affair. If he did rape her, I don't really feel the slightest bit of sympathy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

A perfect example of the other side of the coin ,were vengeance is taken outside the law but who's to say that as individuals ,if in the same position and having experienced this would not do the same ? I couldn't say for sure but somehow ,the law or the rights of the rapist would be furthermost from my mind .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

woodoo wrote: »
    Inspirational woman. If more did that there would be less rapists in the world.
    jay92 wrote: »
    She should be commended and used as an example for all the decent people in humanity that It's time we stopped taking **** from the scum of the earth and start dishing out our own punishments.

A revolution is what's needed in Ireland

*I know this didnt happen in Ireland Im just saying..

He wasn't convicted of anything!!

She could easily have just murdered an innocent man, but don't let that stop you cheering her on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

She could easily have just murdered an innocent man, but don't let that stop you cheering her on.

Would she not have known who raped her.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 155 ✭✭jay92

Okay I only just copped that fair enough

But I stand by my opinion that if somebody was to commit a horrible crime like this and he WAS guilty then I say kill him, im sick of all the bull**** and the waiting to be sentenced, just hang him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

I doubt it could "just as easily be" really...

Why do you doubt it? She beheaded him, is that something a normal person would do(traumatised or not)? I don't think so.

I'm not saying she wasn't raped, it's just interesting to see people say the guy deserved what he got even though the facts have yet to be established.

• Advertisement

A very traumatised and messed up person over the edge could be capable of anything of course. No point pretending they couldnt.

If her claims are true obviously.

A very traumatised and messed up person over the edge could be capable of anything of course. No point pretending they couldnt.

Would a very traumatised and messed up person over the edge be capable of telling lies?

I dunno. I'm not a psychiatrist. Maybe, maybe not. Probably depends on each individual case.

Would a very traumatised and messed up person over the edge be capable of telling lies?
    I dunno. I'm not a psychiatrist. Maybe, maybe not. Probably depends on each individual case.

Ok, now you're just contradicting yourself.

How? What I mean is: unless each case is assessed by us, we can't know what they are or are not capable of.

Not denying it could be a false allegation by her, since that can't be ruled out, but I disagree with the assertions that she could easily have fabricated the story, seeing as she killed the man and beheaded him and claimed he raped her repeatedly at gunpoint. Now stuff like that - I don't think it's easily likely that all the above came from nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

"Don't play with my honour. Here's the head of the man who played with my honour."

gotta have admiration for a woman with that attitude.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

She could easily be an innocent woman and all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

mikemac1 wrote: »
    A man sneaking over a wall to meet a married women is more usually an affair then long term abuse.

How could you possibly know if that statement is true or not?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 203 ✭✭iCosmopolis

If it's true what happened to her, and as some suggested not a cover up for a seasonal affair then I wouldn't have much sympathy for him-though indeed it's a strong and dramatic reaction. But as in many countries with "conservative" views on rape, if she'd reported it she's the one who may have ended in prison or dead by retaliation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

When we talk in terms of the law as such in rape or other serious crimes which inflict upon the soul spiritually as much as any physical / emotional assault ,some people in seeking their own sense of justice cast aside society's vision of the law , knowing full well that taking revenge is against all they were taught to believe in but because of their own actions , are worthy of the repercussions handed out .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Millicent

2 wrongs do NOT make a right.
    she totally deserves life in prison, where she will get much more of the same.

So hang on now -- let me see if I have this right. 2 wrongs don't make a right but that's different somehow to taking glee in the fact that she may be further violated in jail. That makes sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

No, but he really lost the head with her, and that's a no no.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Wade in the Sea

Shame she had to take the law into her own hands. Far as I am concerned she did what was necessary for her sanity and did society a favour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭GedR

Any animal that rapes a woman should face consequences alot worse then what this poor woman dished out. I would liken a rapist to a serial killer there the scum of the earth

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Millicent wrote: »

So hang on now -- let me see if I have this right. 2 wrongs don't make a right but that's different somehow to taking glee in the fact that she may be further violated in jail. That makes sense.
    Three wrongs make a right now - inflation

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

Biggins wrote: »
    He reaped what he sowed.

The loss of life is unfortunate - but his actions lead to the mental state she was eventually in, which then brought about his own demise.

Agreed. Also, the loss of life will have spared others such suffering.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Millicent

Three wrongs make a right now - inflation

Moral economics?! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

yes and she now will reap what she has sowed .......

Very apt username. :eek:
    A man sneaking over a wall to meet a married women is more usually an affair then long term abuse.

It all started while the husband was away for work

He was never convicted and how does anyone even know what he did?

Could be just a story, a women scorned. She has issues

Hmmm, are you the counsel for the prosecution?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Very interesting case. Rape v Murder, was the man even guilty of the crime? The woman better hope she can provide compelling evidence, her actions we're equally despicable to that of any rape. Emotional trauma if so taken on board.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

She deserves everthing she gets. Hate ignorant fools that think by saying "he got what he deserved" makes them morally superior or some ****. She's a murderer and she mutilated the body after. Thats some sick ****.
    We can't go backwards thinking it's OK to murder people because they some something wrong. Yes, he's a scumbag. Yes, she's a right to be angry, but two wrongs don't make it right.
    People taking the law in to their own hands, usually ends with innocent people dying or getting seriously injured. If we all had that mentallity we'd be all ****ed.

Yes, I totally agree.
    Rape is always taken seriously by law enforcement and the legal system and the perpetrator is always aggressively pursued and given the utmost punishment within the letter of the law no matter which country you are in worldwide.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Master P

actually
    - x -= +

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

She was wrong.

She is not the Judge, Jury and Executioner, she took the law into her own hands.

Yes what he done was horrible but it does not warrant death.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

I wonder if a man killed a woman who he claimed raped him would he get the same sympathy?...

Of course she should go to prison. IF he did rape her, killing him was the worst thing she could have done because now we'll never know. Beheading the body was completely over the top too. It also shows to me that she was mentally unstable and this makes it hard to believe any claims of rape she might make imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I wonder if a man killed a woman who he claimed raped him would he get the same sympathy?...

Of course she should go to prison. IF he did rape her, killing him was the worst thing she could have done because now we'll never know. Beheading the body was completely over the top too. It also shows to me that she was mentally unstable and this makes it hard to believe any claims of rape she might make imo.

The prosecution will play to the mental instability, her barbaric act may cost her in the long run. Turkey run a version of the Civil Law as far as I know. Not to say anything, but the Men who oversee the case may be rather hard to convince.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

Mad stuff. If what he did is true then fair play to her. He got what he deserved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Mad stuff. If what he did is true then fair play to her. He got what he deserved.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

Holsten wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

Cute. I can do that too. :rolleyes: see? Way to convince me I'm wrong by the way. A smug rolleyes. A surefire debate winner. Well done you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

Maybe the second action wasn't 'a wrong'?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 745 ✭✭✭csi vegas

Melion wrote: »
    Fair play to her, every rapist should face punishment like that.

Yes but they shouldn't have to face it head on :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

She should be jailed but considering the circumstances she deserves leniency, a few years maybe. She killed a human being and cut of his head, that is worse than rape IMO. The fact she cut his head off I think should lessen the leniency she is a given.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭SocSocPol

What say you? Was she right or wrong?

I would be of the belief that nobody has the right to take anothers life but in this case the bollix deserved everything he got. It's just too bad that it is her on trial and not him.

Full story here:

http://news.sky.com/story/982183/rape-victim-shot-and-beheaded-attacker
    She done the crime she should do the time.
    Note that everyone is referring to the victim as the rapist, yet we only have her word for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

It doesn't exactly make it hard to believe the claims of rape. I'd say many women would love to see the death of their rapist.
    She should be jailed but considering the circumstances she deserves leniency, a few years maybe. She killed a human being and cut of his head, that is worse than rape IMO. The fact she cut his head off I think should lessen the leniency she is a given.
    Feck it her crime is not worse than the rape. The man if he did rape her, left her with a lifetime of suffering and even his death was a byproduct of his awful actions. I don't personally believe she needs jail time. The woman needs psychiatric help more than anything. Of course none of this applies if no rape occurred.

Not that it's even relevant but overall probably not. There'd be a hell of a lot of "nnnnnnnnice" comments - from guys - if she was hot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,721 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Is there any evidence of wrong doing by him beyond the word of murderous psychopathic ?

It all started while the husband was away for work
    He was never convicted and how does anyone even know what he did?
    Could be just a story, a women scorned. She has issues
    She has issues? Well spotted.

Love the way you're so blasé with your theory. Leaving out of course that you're likely to be a tad more than just worried about an affair being found out to actually shoot a man and behead him and claim he raped you repeatedly at gunpoint. The husband was away - oh so that means it's likely an affair rather than him taking advantage of the situation. The man climbing over the wall to call into her place is more usually an affair than long-term abuse? You've studied a whole bunch of cases of men climbing over a wall to see a married woman I take it? Just... bizarre logic. He was climbing over the wall to see her, therefore it was more than likely an affair and not rape. Ok. :confused:

• Advertisement
Advertisement