Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What is the best mascara? (luxury)

• 07-09-2012 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭

I use benefit mascara, both bad gal and they're real. But I was thinking of getting Lancôme hypnose or do you think YSL would be better? Or is there one better than those?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

I use Lancome Hypnose Drama and I love it. It's one of the few I've ever repurchased. It's expensive at about €27, but the last few times I've bought it (in Debenhams) the gift set (mascara and eyeliner) worked out cheaper than buying the mascara on its own. The eyeliner (pencil) is fantastic too. It lasts ages. I've been using my current one everyday (since Christmas) and still have about a third of it left. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 160 ✭✭cocokay

ysl false lash effect is amazing, i always go back to it. it does dry out quicker than other mascaras though. its about 30 euros but 24 in the airport if anyone you know is going away. i also like fairy drops scandal queen mascara but i got in in sephora in the states not sure if anyone sells it in ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

love lancome mascara make your lashes really big love it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

YSL or max factor,dior do some great ones too,ive tried clinique and it goes on smoothly..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Ziegfeldgirl27

Thanks everyone! I'll have to go into debenhams someday and check out all these mascaras!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭vibrantblue

The only high end mascara I really love and find different from drugstore options is Diorshow. But I'm planning to use the Diorshow wand with a drugstore mascara as the wand is what makes HE mascaras "better" in essence.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

+1 for Dior Show Extase, love the big brush.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Raspberrygirl

Lancome Hypnose Drama is easily the best I've tried.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Was They're Real not good? Have read so much about it but have never bought it!

• Advertisement

They're real is good, but it never gave me the wow factor. My lashes are already very long so perhaps I just didn't see lengthening power it supposedly has. I would like something to give my lashes more volume. Theyre real made my lashes look a little spidery. It is a good formula though, and I am happy with it, I'm just not sure it's the ultimate mascara that I would purchase again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Nothing beats Max Factor Masterpiece for me - but I have recently tried Avon mascara (yellow tube, can't remember the name) and it's surprisingly good.

Mascara is one of those things that I have found disappointing at the high-end. Mid-range like Max Factor seems to deliver better.

Here is photo comparison of me without mascara and with Benefit They're Real.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

Here is photo comparison of me without mascara and with Benefit They're Real.

I think it makes my lashes spidery too and I have a lot of eyelashes.. I reckon I'm ****e at putting it on but, in your photos your eyelashes look fabulous with it on them :)

I wonder is it due to shape - I always manage to get it clumpy and they stick together, even with that brush.

Advertisement