Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Registration and Library fines

Options
  • 07-09-2012 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

I am currently facing a major issue. I cannot seem to register to Stage 4 of my BCL degree. I have passed my exams and I have no outstanding fees from previous years. However, I cannot register to Stage 4, and I'm still stuck in stage 3.

I contacted my module coordinator but she did not bother responding at all.

I am wondering, is there any link between my 30e library fine and the fact that I cannot register to Stage 4 ?
    I remember the lady telling me that I had to pay before graduation but she did not mention that it could prevent me from registering.

Can anyone help me ?

Thank you,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭aoifeisabelle

Get in touch with the student desk, not your module co-ordinator. Your library fees shouldn't impact. I recently graduated with library fees outstanding no bother!

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭GlobalSun

Thank you very much for your help.

However, I can't go to the student desk as I am doing my year abroad.
    I tried to call and they told me to check the UCD website, they didn't even bother hearing my query.

I am fully aware of the fact that I can't go through the module registration, but I need to register for Stage 4 and right now the process states Stage 3. Well, until this morning. Now it states " Registration for 2011/2012 is not available to you at this point ". It's still stuck in 2011/2012 which is quite bizarre.

I sent another mail to the degree coordinator and she didn't respond.

I am really concerned as my degree won't be valid if I can't register for this final year.

I have no clue what to do !

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭GlobalSun

Good idea, except as I'm doing my year abroad I can't go down to the programme office.

On top of this, if you don't register on time, your UCD account is deactivated and you'd have you pay a fee to reactivate it. This is a nightmare.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Muir

GlobalSun wrote: »
    Good idea, except as I'm doing my year abroad I can't go down to the programme office.

On top of this, if you don't register on time, your UCD account is deactivated and you'd have you pay a fee to reactivate it. This is a nightmare.

Call & make them listen. You're allowed carry over a fee of 600e so I wonder if maybe it has something to do with you being abroad. Ring the Programme Office for your course.

Advertisement