Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tony O'Donoghue

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,592 ✭✭✭✭CSF

T-K-O wrote: »
    Thats my point or Mick McCarthy. He'd probably get a slap. It's not the questions I have problem with its how he delivers them. Like I said I want those questions answer just as much as you guys.

I am not doubting TOD is a huge fan or the fact that he attends a lot of games but IMO TOD was opportunistic in that is was Trap and not another manager.

Ill say it again if he did this week in week out to all managers TOD would be a cult hero but only Trap gets the treatment, why?

And don't get me started on Sadlier and his wisdom :rolleyes:
    Because I doubt Tony O'Donoghue is overly passionate about how Man United or Wolves do. That was the interview of a frustrated man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

T-K-O wrote: »

Ill say it again if he did this week in week out to all managers TOD would be a cult hero but only Trap gets the treatment, why?

And don't get me started on Sadlier and his wisdom :rolleyes:

Trap got "the treatment" - yesterday - because O'Donoghue is reflecting the public mood. It's not like he follows old multi-millionaire managers around with a stick. He asked the questions that needed to be asked in a terse manner because he, like the vast majority of Ireland supporters are hugely frustrated with Trapattoni and his brand of non-football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

I am one of those frustrated fans. TOD implemented his new 'style' at the Euro's.

I can understand his frustration but he should be more professional. That's his job

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

I don't think he understand Italian very well and he doesn't have the ability to put his point across. The interview he was having was going nowhere and we got no answers off Trapattoni. If he could make a coherent point on football any footballing manager would say yea or nay. You would at least know what kind of manager we are getting. It was more about answering his own personal inclinations about the 1-0 score line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Like some of you my problem wasn't with the questions but with his delivery of them, you could hear his personal opinion in all of them which well just isn't good journalism.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

I was thinking while watching the interview that TOD was trying to get some touch questions answered but when Trap was answering he was waffling in order to waste time knowing full well that TOD wouldn't have all day to wait for an answer and the producer was in TOD's ear saying something like "he's waffling and trying to waste your time, move on to another question." So it would appear TOD was cutting Trap short but in fact he was being made aware that Trap stalling and they were running out of time so ask another question.
    Fair play to TOD for sticking the hard questions to Trap and who cares if he would conduct an interview with Fergie or Cody in that manner! That performance was pathetic and Trap deserved a grilling for it IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Didn't mind the questions either.

Just think he can let the man finish first.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Having now seen the interview, I think the reaction here is a bit OTT. TOD is a journalist, it's his job to ask questions. I don't think he was being disrespectful, although he did seem to pull the mic back a couple of times quickly. Trap was going to get asked those questions by someone.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

People are over reacting because they never see it in the EPL. If you questioned Fergie like that it would be the last time you ask him a question. Right or wrong, that's the way it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

I think more the point is that Journalists are tending to ask the rude questions rather than the tough ones, I don't think Tony's questions were unfair, in fact at the end he congratulated trap on the result.
    Whereas there is a tendancy for journos to ask completely stupid or unfair questions, Marty has done it, and an example of a really sh1tty one was the girl who interviewed Declan Ryan after Tipp were hammered by Kilkenny, asking him was he considering his position, this does sometimes happen in English football and imo, straight after a game, no matter how bad the result, to ask someone if he is considering his position or does he think he will get the sack is a extremely sh1t and uncalled for question to ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

When I was watching that interview first I was thinking that TO'D was cutting Trap off with each new question. But watching it again now it's fine really.

Advertisement