Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kretschmer wheat germ

Options
  • 07-09-2012 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,435 ✭✭✭✭

Anybody any info it seems to have disappeared off the shelves

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭cosbloodymick

kneemos wrote: »
    Anybody any info it seems to have disappeared off the shelves

Similarly frustrated. I always purchased mine from Superquinn but they seem to have delisted this product. Anyone know of another supplier?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,435 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Similarly frustrated. I always purchased mine from Superquinn but they seem to have delisted this product. Anyone know of another supplier?

Dunnes or supervalue no longer stock it,I presume they have gone out of business or maybe the poor grain harvest in America.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭CoachTO

Plenty of it on sale in the US. But id say the sale of the Kretschmer brand from Pepsico to Brynwood has now affected international distribution. The sale went through back in December 2011 but id say remaining stocks were still on sale until they ran out. Have you asked any of the supermarkets to check for you? I do the odd time when I can't find something that seems to have disappeared.

Havn't asked the supermarkets to check,though curiously they've all run out at the same time.I did like the taste of Kretschmer plus the jars were really usefull for nuts and seeds,anyway there is an Irish brand I can use for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Ro-76

Havn't asked the supermarkets to check,though curiously they've all run out at the same time.I did like the taste of Kretschmer plus the jars were really usefull for nuts and seeds,anyway there is an Irish brand I can use for now.

What Irish brand have you found that tastes similar?

• Advertisement

Ro-76 wrote: »
    What Irish brand have you found that tastes similar?

I think it's Flahavans,it doesn't taste similar though.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 polymath

Nothing would taste better than what we are used to. Try the alternative and see if it appeals to your tastes. I say it would be good to change tastes once in a while

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Food & Drink

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭cosbloodymick

I asked in Superquinn on two occasions and they promised to find out the story and ring me back. Of course they never did!

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭annamcmahon

spotted this in dunnes in citywest shopping centre on monday

• Advertisement
Advertisement