Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamestop Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Pre-Release tourney (Wednesday 12/9)

Options
  • 07-09-2012 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭

'Sup folks.
    I was in Blanchardstown shopping center today and went into Gamestop to ask about the TTT2 pre-order bonuses and discovered that they were planning on running a walk-in, pre-release TTT2 tourney in a few stores next Wednesday.
    Now, this information is purely hear-say, however I did get confirmation from two cashiers that there would definitely be one in Blanch and Henry street. I would hazard a guess that there'll be a few around the country.

I've given them my e-mail for further confirmation, but so far all I know is this:
    Winners go into a qualifier type thing where they will play off
    Prizes are tbc, but I was told it would likely be a copy of TTT2 and a T-shirt or something
    I can only assume it will be Single Elim (Given time constraints and any blow-ins at all may enter)

This is all I've got so far, will post more as soon as I know.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Be prepared for it to be played on a kiosk with fixed controllers.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Kuro Tao

Forgot to check the TTT2 discussion thread where you guys already discussed this. Apologies.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Ixayek_usurper

I e-mailed them asking if we could use our own sticks.
    I can't play on ps3 pad. Simple as that.

I tried to pursuade them along the lines off "more ppl will come if you do allow sticks" sorta-jobbey...

They've yet to get back to me (surprise, surprise! :-P )

Anyways, if i am going in, it will probably be to the henry street one.
    We should co-ordinate to the same play-spot me thinks.
    More shinnanigans that way! :)

I e-mailed them asking if we could use our own sticks.
    I can't play on ps3 pad. Simple as that.

I tried to pursuade them along the lines off "more ppl will come if you do allow sticks" sorta-jobbey...

They've yet to get back to me (surprise, surprise! :-P )

Anyways, if i am going in, it will probably be to the henry street one.
    We should co-ordinate to the same play-spot me thinks.
    More shinnanigans that way! :)

Ach, I would but I simply can't afford to go to town on Wednesday. Either way, if this is a qualifier type thing I'm sure we'll end up meeting somewhere along the lines.

I don't know if they would allow sticks, but it's worth trying to convince them otherwise. As I already said, think about time constraints for this kind of thing... :/

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

You guys remember that giant US Nationals SFIV (vanilla) tourney?

All those stick players won it on 360 pads. They didn't get to use sticks until the national Top 8...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    You guys remember that giant US Nationals SFIV (vanilla) tourney?

All those stick players won it on 360 pads. They didn't get to use sticks until the national Top 8...

And?

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭BigStupidGuy

it just so happens that I'll be in dublin tomorrow night getting some korean food. So I'll be able to go to Henry street for around 7 I am sure.

Oh boy :D

it just so happens that I'll be in dublin tomorrow night getting some korean food. So I'll be able to go to Henry street for around 7 I am sure.

Oh boy :D

You should go for 6 to be sure, I wasn't told 7 was the exact starting time.
    I'll be heading to Blanchardstown myself.
    Just to let everyone know, Gamestop never got back to me about this so I have no further information. You'd think they would...

Cool, well I'll pop in to see what the craic is anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

One of my friends called Henry St. Gamestop this morning who said they are having a competition but it's on this Saturday (in case anyone is heading in for this)

• Advertisement

Apparently it's next Wednesday (Why couldn't they have told me this?) in Blanchardstown.
    Gamestop, why are you so bad at advertising?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 hlxa625

The tournament in Gamestop Blanch is on Wednesday 19th at 6 o clock.There seemed to be quite a lot of confusion about the date/prizes etc. It looks like the prize is a t-shirt and a copy of the game. There was some talk of the winners from each store tournament competing against each other for a place in the European Tekken Tag at Electronic Sport World Cup however, it turns out the winner goes there if they want i.e. Gamestop have nothing to do with it and you pay your own expenses.

Really? That's kinda crap isn't it?

Oh well at least I got a copy of the game for xBox

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

That's pretty pants. Sairus got a TE out of them for winning the SSF4 one they run...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

That's pretty pants. Sairus got a TE out of them for winning the SSF4 one they run...

That was in Liffey St, which wasn't part of a company directive, they were just trying to rebrand their individual store as a more gamery place where they do tournaments and stuff.

Talking to them on the day, they made no sales from running a tournament, and the whole thing was a big loss. Not surprised they wouldn't offer €150+ prizes again.

Advertisement