Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Teaching Council Recognition

• 07-09-2012 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I was wondering if anybody had sought recognition for a BSc in health and safety form the teaching council?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

on the subject of the Teaching Council they should communicate more effectively with schools.
    whenever I sub I show the principal my original TC registration. the principal then however asks to see my dip and degree certs. what is the point of this? I mean I could not register with the TC if I did not show them these documents.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 annoyed85

do you mind me asking is your degree in health and safety?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭seavill

What are you looking to qualify in?

After 3 years of the Bsc in health and safety (its a 4 year course) you get a general Bsc in science. So I was hoping to teach science.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

If it's this one in NUIG then it seems there's two years of science and two years of other stuff. I think you need more Science than than to qualify but you won't know until you ask the TC. They may say go off and do a few more modules in The Open University or something and you'll be able to register.

• Advertisement

Thank you Dory. Yes that is the course, I was thinking I would have to do some add on course but it takes the teaching council so long to get back to me and I'd really like to start a course now instead of having to wait another year. Does anyone know what add on course would be appropriate? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Wicklowleaid

Again really it's a matter of ringing the teaching council, as annoying as I know that can be as you say yourself waiting for/ trying to get a straight answer out of them! Just be careful you don't start down the road of a course and then get stuck with something that is no use to you! I'm wondering would a short certificate course do you I think you need three years to be recognised for a subject and my advice to you ( as a working science teacher) would be get some physics in your course there is still a shortage, the streets are paved with biology teachers! PM me of I can be of any help at all!

Advertisement