Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

P45 for new job

• 07-09-2012 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

Hi,

I had paid work experience for 5 months in 2011 as part of my college course.
    I am now starting a new job and was wondering if the p45 i have from 2011 is sufficient to hand in to my new employer.

My friend said that if it isnt within the current year you dont need p45? anyone have any idea if hes on to something?

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭relax carry on

nathan89 wrote: »
    Hi,

I had paid work experience for 5 months in 2011 as part of my college course.
    I am now starting a new job and was wondering if the p45 i have from 2011 is sufficient to hand in to my new employer.

My friend said that if it isnt within the current year you dont need p45? anyone have any idea if hes on to something?

Thanks

Fastest way to get your new job registered for tax purposes is to call the paye 1890 number with your PPS number, date started, how often paid and the paye registered number of your new employer (7 didgits with a letter at the end)

http://www.revenue.ie/en/contact/lo-call.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

your friend is correct.

Apply for and get a current TFA as soon as possible .

Make sure your tax credit cert is cumulative .( and following years )

Advertisement