Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

YouTube on Xbox Live

Options
  • 07-09-2012 9:24pm
    Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone else is having problems getting on to YouTube? Every time I try to get on to it a message pops up saying "Error 4004"

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭EchoO

Yeah, it was the same for me earlier on today. Haven't tried it since.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Haven't used this app in ages as even with a chat pad I found it cumbersome ....... fast forward to yesterday when the youtube app on android got an update for my phone and now the youtube app on xbox is a different beast altogether.

Go into settings in the xbox app and choose pair device do like wise on the phone and get your code.

Now it allows you to control and queue stuff from the phone to be played on the xbox or resume playback on the phone if you walk away from the xbox. All from a nice pretty and easy to use interface. I know it's a little thing but it's just so well done that it made me take notice.

I think this is what MS were aiming to do with windows 8 but so far in my experience very little of it works or has been implemented yet other than xbox music which I ain't paying €99 for :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

calex71 wrote: »
    Haven't used this app in ages as even with a chat pad I found it cumbersome ....... fast forward to yesterday when the youtube app on android got an update for my phone and now the youtube app on xbox is a different beast altogether.

Go into settings in the xbox app and choose pair device do like wise on the phone and get your code.

Now it allows you to control and queue stuff from the phone to be played on the xbox or resume playback on the phone if you walk away from the xbox. All from a nice pretty and easy to use interface. I know it's a little thing but it's just so well done that it made me take notice.

I think this is what MS were aiming to do with windows 8 but so far in my experience very little of it works or has been implemented yet other than xbox music which I ain't paying €99 for :D

That's just a Google specific app for YouTube, works for laptop aswell, there is also a YouTube remote app, have you tried the smartglass app yet Calex? It works amazingly well and can be better than the chatpad..... (Android 4.0+ up)

Advertisement