Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scots Gaelic lessons in Carlow

Options
  • 07-09-2012 10:49pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭

It's hoped to start an introduction to Scots Gaelic in Carlow in October. If anyone is interested, pm me. (BTW, I'm not advertising for myself!!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

We can't get our own to learn our own native Irish Gaelic. Do you reckon there'd be a good uptake on the Scots Gaelic?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Lots of people are learning Irish in Carlow. We also have one of the biggest Gaelscoileanna in Ireland with over 470 kids. Playschools in Irish, a very successful secondary school, a drama company producing plays in Irish and loads more.

I'm going to do the Scots Gaelic classes, as I've always wanted to learn in after spening time in the Highlands.There are enough people to get the classes up and running,a spin off from the Pan Celtic.

Advertisement