Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tying on barral swivels

Options
  • 07-09-2012 11:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hello lads,

Just bought a new spinning rod lately. Hoping to go spinning for trout. My question is do i tie the the barral swivel directly to the spinner or maybe a foot up the line from the spinner?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭AstraOwner

Generally a foot up the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭bayliner

GedR wrote: »
    Hello lads,

Just bought a new spinning rod lately. Hoping to go spinning for trout. My question is do i tie the the barral swivel directly to the spinner or maybe a foot up the line from the spinner?
    as far up the line as possible, i would suggest:), i use them trawling and depending on the rod lenght keep them as far away from the lure as possible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭GedR

Thanks very much for the help lads :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 BP1980

I find shorter is better for spinning, up to 2 or 3 feet is fine, having less makes for better more accurate casting. It also allows you to bring it closer to the tip when casting from tight places like under trees and the likes. Good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭GedR

BP1980 wrote: »
    I find shorter is better for spinning, up to 2 or 3 feet is fine, having less makes for better more accurate casting. It also allows you to bring it closer to the tip when casting from tight places like under trees and the likes. Good luck

Thanks BP. Just another quick question should i use a weight on my line and where would i position it betwen the swivel and the spinner or up the line from the swivel?

• Advertisement
Advertisement