Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is There Any Tablet Out There That Supports MKV

• 07-09-2012 11:12pm

Is There Any Tablet Out There That Supports MKV

that will let me put mlv HD onto it

if not why not

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

iPad using hd player. Plays mkv no prob.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Any Android based one will play MKV.

Download free VLC either for Android and that will play it also, if the Android software don't play it (which would surprise me).

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-android.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

I dont know about tablets, but VLC is the devil and CCCP for lyfe! :cool:

Look into Any Video Converter Professional . I prefer to watch things on my Xbox, which doesn't support some codecs and it is a pretty great one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Moved from AH

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭GalwayKiefer

I have a cheapy cheap $99 one running android 2.1 and it plays mkv no problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 942 ✭✭✭kenyard

yup anything with a 1ghz processor and anything from probably 256Mb ram should play 720p mkv files no issues. you may need a slight bump in ram for the 1080p files. but theres generally no reason watch them on a 7-10" device unless its just for the sake of not converting them to lower res files.
    most tablets should do it no issues. just drag and drop onto an android one and click play on the device

Advertisement