Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ammo prices

Options
  • 07-09-2012 11:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi Lads,
    Im looking to see where is the cheapest to buy ammuntion as the prices seem to keep going up and not down.
    My caliber is .308 win.
    At the moment im buying from duffys in Galway, and you can order online off him to which is good.
    But im looking to see the current prices and to see can i get ammo cheaper around.
    Im using remington premier match .308 win at €30.44 a box and remington umc .308 win at €23.89 a box.
    I can buy up to 200 rounds at a time from there and you dont get a discount!
    Im not into cometition shooting but have started deer hunting and use the remington core lokt for hunting.
    Im looking for cheap ammo for target shooting as i can use upto 100 rounds on a days shooting so the cheaper the better.
    Any brand of ammo will do as its 100 - 300 meter targets.
    So any help lads.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Tommy87

Hey andy, I tried ppu .308. 165 grain sp. brilliant in my rifle, and €20 a box. It might not suit your rifle but mine swears by them!! Great cheap effective hunting round.

Tommy

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Erk

Tommy87 wrote: »
    Hey andy, I tried ppu .308. 165 grain sp. brilliant in my rifle, and €20 a box. It might not suit your rifle but mine swears by them!! Great cheap effective hunting round.

Tommy

Was gonna say the same thing! :) I got mine off Patrick Carley, he has a website is cheap for ammo too. The ppu are €18 a box. There 150gr too.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Tommy87

Erk wrote: »
    Was gonna say the same thing! :) I got mine off Patrick Carley, he has a website is cheap for ammo too. The ppu are €18 a box. There 150gr too.

I think they are a great job. 3 bullets in a hole the size of a euro coin at 125 yards. And for literally half the price of hornady. I recovered a bullet from lined up water jugs aswell and expansion was good. So for my rifle they are a perfect hunting round.

Tommy

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Erk

Tommy87 wrote: »
    I think they are a great job. 3 bullets in a hole the size of a euro coin at 125 yards. And for literally half the price of hornady. I recovered a bullet from lined up water jugs aswell and expansion was good. So for my rifle they are a perfect hunting round.

Tommy

Yeah there a good round in my gun too. Never tried that recovering them tbh. I just bought them for the Summer for something cheap to shoot foxes with and they did alot of damage to the foxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭Chiparus

i use them in 308, never any issues, reloading would not be much cheaper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 Andy111111

Hi lads thanks for the replys,
    Patrick Carley sounds good for ammo,
    he sent me a email with the price of .308 win rounds he has and he seems good for prices,
    Im living nearly 3 hours away, dont mind callin in once tho but do any of ye know if he does delivery by courier. if i send a copy front and back via email to him?

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭richiedel123

Andy111111 wrote: »
    Hi lads thanks for the replys,
    Patrick Carley sounds good for ammo,
    he sent me a email with the price of .308 win rounds he has and he seems good for prices,
    Im living nearly 3 hours away, dont mind callin in once tho but do any of ye know if he does delivery by courier. if i send a copy front and back via email to him?
    Ya I got put in touch wit him this year because I couldn't get the ammo I was using any where and he got it for me. I just e mailed pics of my licence and he got them in for me and fastest delivered them the next day. Was delighted wit the service I would highly recommend him

• Registered Users Posts: 23 centre

knocknagoshel shooting ground north kerry sells remington umc for 18/box and they do a 7% discount on orders of 200 on all ammo. They do a courier service as well worth a try as they can get most types of ammo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭TriggerPL

karl scollan in drumshambo in leitrim , not sure of the price for the bullets your looking for but i can buy 308 hornady superformance sst 165 gr for 38 a box

Advertisement