Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Router Keeps Rebooting

Options
  • 08-09-2012 12:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

My Eircom router keeps restarting and its driving me nuts.

It powers up the lights flash green for the few seconds then it goes dead and the whole process starts all over again.

It was working fine an hour ago :(

I've turned it on and off, pressed the reset button about 50 times at this stage and it still giving me the same response.

Can anybody help??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Scram

sounds like its dead or broken if its a Zyxel (Zyxel P-660HW) which i guess it is these modems have this problem, replacing it will solve and save you time, they are terrable modems and if you search the boards you'll see that loads of people have the same problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Scram wrote: »
    sounds like its dead or broken if its a Zyxel (Zyxel P-660HW) which i guess it is these modems have this problem, replacing it will solve and save you time, they are terrable modems and if you search the boards you'll see that loads of people have the same problem.

Thanks for the info , I've managed to get online but I don't know how long it'll last , think its time to invest in a new router

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭eircom: James

Kenno90 wrote: »
    Thanks for the info , I've managed to get online but I don't know how long it'll last , think its time to invest in a new router

Hi Kenno90,

Before you look at purchasing a new router it might be easier to let us check it out first. Depending on your account status you may be able to get a free replacement (may incur a 12 month contract depending on the current contract). You can either call support directly on 1890 260 260 and allow them to troubleshoot or if you PM the landline number we can check the basics from here. There are lots of different reasons this could be happening so maybe we could at least narrow it down for you before you go to any expense.

Regards

James

Advertisement