Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching Account Holding Branch

Options
  • 08-09-2012 12:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

RE: Switching the account holding branch, for my current account.

Is this an easy thing to do? if so, what is the process for this?

Im currently in Cavan Main St. - But live in kells, Meath

Thanks!

Rob

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Pat

Hi Rob,

Thanks for your query. It's a fairly easy process to change over from one Bank of Ireland branch to another and takes approximately 10 working days.

To have your account switched over you will need to make an appointment with the Kells branch to fill out the necessary documentation.

You can find a step-by-step guide on how to switch and what to expect here and you can find the FAQs on accout switching here.

I hope this answers all of your questions. If there is anything else we can do for you just ask.

Thanks
    Pat

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭oB1

Hi Rob,

Thanks for your query. It's a fairly easy process to change over from one Bank of Ireland branch to another and takes approximately 10 working days.

To have your account switched over you will need to make an appointment with the Kells branch to fill out the necessary documentation.

You can find a step-by-step guide on how to switch and what to expect here and you can find the FAQs on accout switching here.

I hope this answers all of your questions. If there is anything else we can do for you just ask.

Thanks
    Pat

Hi Pat,

Thanks for the information, very useful!

Would that mean, that after the switch, id have to have a different A/C Number? As alot of the information that's mentioned in the above links, is got to do with new accounts/switching from other banks to BOI, and obviously im just switching account holding branch.

Cheers!

Rob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Pat

Hi Rob,

Switching from one BoI branch to another and changing from another bank to us would follow the same procedure. Since this would involve the closure of your old account and the opening of a brand new one, both your account number and sortcode would change.

Thanks
    Pat

• Registered Users Posts: 7,328 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Are there any negatives to switching branches?

Years ago, I was about to switch branches and was considering applying for a car loan around the same time.
    When I enquired in the branch I was about to switch to, I was told that it would be better to stay with my current branch as if I switched I wouldn't have a record with the new branch( even though it was the same bank(BoI).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Graham

Hi CH3OH,

Your personal record with us will stay with you regardless of the branch you switch to. Most of our branches will facilitate any day-to-day requests you have, however, if you're interested in switching to another branch, please click here for the step-by-step guide. This will make you aware of what's required and you can decide if it's appropriate for your needs.

If you have any other queries, the information in our FAQs might help, or you can ask us here.

Thanks,
    Graham

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭oB1

Hi Rob,

Switching from one BoI branch to another and changing from another bank to us would follow the same procedure. Since this would involve the closure of your old account and the opening of a brand new one, both your account number and sortcode would change.

Thanks
    Pat

Thanks pat,

Called in to the Kells branch today, and switched within minutes, obviously will take the 10 days as you where saying, but i can use my old account untill then, which is great! :)

Thanks again, for the helpful info :)

Rob

Advertisement