Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know what font this is?

Options
  • 08-09-2012 12:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭

font.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Have you tried the "Whats the Font" websites or the browser plugins?

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭flanree

yeah, no joy

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭ado100

It looks like one of the Uncial fonts like American Uncial, it's been distorted/distressed a bit though.

its like that on the original, i had a letraset transfer sheet of the font years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭ado100

I've been back through my Letraset catalogues and a couple of other sources but no luck I'm afraid. It could have been one of the French Mecanorma or Letragraphica fonts which were all available on similar transfer sheets back in the eighties.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

It's called "Carrick".

Letraset published a series of Irish themed sheets during the 80's or thereabouts. Remember this face and "Shamrock" among the others, and as luck would have it, we still have a drawer full of old Letraset sheets here. Saw the font on OP and it rang a bell, opened the musty drawer and guess which sheet was staring at me. :)

Anyway the info I can garner from it is:- Designed by W. Curran, Letraset Sheet Ref. is S53913

Looked through a few old L/set catlogues as well and as ado100 said, it doesn't appear there.

Flanree, you're welcome to this sheet (font size is 36pt) if you want it just PM me. Have to tell you however some characters are missing (a,c,i,r, 1.3.9) and they'll need some serious burnishing as the transfer sheet itself has become somewhat like rubber.

Might be able to scan and work on them or perhaps best of all Letraset will have digitised "Carrick"
    Either way, hope this is of some help.

thanks a million europa11! I knew I wasn't crazy. I remember the letraset sheet back in the early 90's in my old job, cheers again!

Advertisement