Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

skateboarrd

Options
  • 08-09-2012 8:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

can anyone recommend a decent skate board for messing and practising turns?

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,239 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Was going to move this to Extreme Sports but you've already posted over there. If it's to practice turns to get better at surfing then I guess I'll let it slide ;)

Something along these lines would be good: http://hukuboards.wix.com/hukuboards#!nalu-3/c15i0

A friend of mine has something similar (not a huku one but the same type of board) and its really easy to skate, I don't skate but can still manage nice carvey turns on a gentle slope.

I've been told a carveboard simulates surfing the best, I've had a go on one but preferred the type of board I posted above. carveboard is the one with the big wheels in this vid:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

Get a longboard. There are different varieties, some are better for carving, some are for speed, some for commuting. Every skate shop will be able to advise you well.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭lizgal

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Was going to move this to Extreme Sports but you've already posted over there. If it's to practice turns to get better at surfing then I guess I'll let it slide ;)
    yes thanks

Advertisement