Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

appeal to lift ban - rugby (again)

Options
  • 08-09-2012 9:11am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 401 ✭✭

I want to re-appeal my ban from the rugby section. I know that some people get frustrated/annoyed by some of my posts but I will promise not to comment on any thread/reply to a comment in relation to Keith Earls, Declan kidney or Munster until my ban lifts (sometime in February) where I will still not post too much about them and try not to be negative when posting about them. I only want my ban to be lifted so I contribute to threads regarding the Rugby Championship and the Rabo (only Leinster). Please??????; also if I do post about Earls, Kidney or Munster before my ban lifts, I will have no problem if my account is permanently banned. Please???????

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

You made your case last time, and that thread was concluded less than 2 weeks ago. You are lucky not to be pemanently banned from the forum. Any further appeals on this, and I will be recommending to the local mods that your ban be upgraded to permanent. Ban upheld.

You may, of course, ask for an Admin to review this decision

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 401 ✭✭Leinsterr

Beasty wrote: »
    You made your case last time, and that thread was concluded less than 2 weeks ago. You are lucky not to be pemanently banned from the forum. Any further appeals on this, and I will be recommending to the local mods that your ban be upgraded to permanent. Ban upheld.

You may, of course, ask for an Admin to review this decision
    Actually it wasn't concluded

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

OK, let's get this straight.

Your previous appeal is here

Your original 6 month ban was imposed on 15 August. That was your 4th ban in the forum and given your constant trolling and history 6 months appeared entirely reasonable

During the course of your previous appeal it bacame apparent that you had re-registered to avoid the forum ban. That normally results in a temporary site ban and an upgrade in the forum ban to permanent

Following discussion with the Rugby mods it was decided to give you one final chance only because you admitted via PM to me that you had re-registered to avoid the forum ban, and it was hoped by all the mods that 6 months break from the forum may give you chance to mature a little and return as a positive contributor to the forum

I therefore gave you the choice via PM to either withdraw that appeal or I would upgrade the forum ban to pemanent. You (eventually) agreed to withdraw the appeal via PM.

So here we are again, 2 weeks later and you are attempting to resurrect the appeal. You have wasted a lot of Mod, CMod and Admin time with your antics, and tbh if you wish to take this appeal any further I will be upgrading the ban to permanent, as previously stated.

So, do you want an Admin to look at this? - and to be clear if so, it will be a permanent forum ban they will be reviewing

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 401 ✭✭Leinsterr

Beasty wrote: »
    OK, let's get this straight.

Your previous appeal is here

Your original 6 month ban was imposed on 15 August. That was your 4th ban in the forum and given your constant trolling and history 6 months appeared entirely reasonable

During the course of your previous appeal it bacame apparent that you had re-registered to avoid the forum ban. That normally results in a temporary site ban and an upgrade in the forum ban to permanent

Following discussion with the Rugby mods it was decided to give you one final chance only because you admitted via PM to me that you had re-registered to avoid the forum ban, and it was hoped by all the mods that 6 months break from the forum may give you chance to mature a little and return as a positive contributor to the forum

I therefore gave you the choice via PM to either withdraw that appeal or I would upgrade the forum ban to pemanent. You (eventually) agreed to withdraw the appeal via PM.

So here we are again, 2 weeks later and you are attempting to resurrect the appeal. You have wasted a lot of Mod, CMod and Admin time with your antics, and tbh if you wish to take this appeal any further I will be upgrading the ban to permanent, as previously stated.

So, do you want an Admin to look at this? - and to be clear if so, it will be a permanent forum ban they will be reviewing
    Ok, I never trolled, I re regged only twice before this ban and u mods go way over the top. I state perfectly reasonable and accurate facts and get banned. How is this fair??? I've no problem serving a 6 month van but seriously if I'm not allowed to be part of a discussion, contribute with well known and concise facts then what's the point??

Leinsterr wrote: »
    I've no problem serving a 6 month van
    OK, I'm not going to waste any more time on this. Are you withdrawing your appeal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Let me conclude this DRP quicker than it might otherwise. I'll assume that you disagree with the Cmod ruling and are appealing for an admin decision. I can make that decision quite quickly as I am all too familiar with what's gone on here.

Ruling: appeal denied, your ban stands. The reason it stands is because it's already lenient based on your behaviour on boards. You are lucky you are not permanently sitebanned from boards.ie, and if you cause more work for the volunteer mods here by re-registering again, we will track down and permanently siteban all accounts that you open.

Accept the temporary forum ban, and come back for the 6 Nations. Don't cause any trouble elsewhere on boards in the meantime as you are already walking the line.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement