Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do Graduates get jobs?

• 08-09-2012 9:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hey,

I'm thinking of doing MSC in Marketing and just wondering dose anyone know how successful graduates of this college where in getting a job in there field after? (not just in the course I'm interested in, in general)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Did a BsC in Business Information System ( course now renamed I think) and graduated about 2 years ago.

Was working Xbox for a year and now working with a global leading software company in Dublin.

Its dependant on the person mostly, you will get a quality education in that college, thats guaranteed, but its up to you how you use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 sarah2304

Ok brilliant thanks so much for your reply :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Mmmm_Lemony

TheDoc wrote: »
    Did a BsC in Business Information System ( course now renamed I think) and graduated about 2 years ago.

Was working Xbox for a year and now working with a global leading software company in Dublin.

Its dependant on the person mostly, you will get a quality education in that college, thats guaranteed, but its up to you how you use it.

BSc in Business Information Systems still the same name. Just out of curiosity what is your current title? The reason I ask is, the degree has a wide range of applications and was wondering what you ended up doing.

I'm working full time myself, and doing the BSc in Computing in the evening, which shares alot of modules with the BIS course. I'm hoping to move out of my current position within the same company, failing that somewhere else. Just wondering what kind of positions can be expected from BSc Comp and BScBIS.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

It depends alot on what you do in your own time,what your current work experience is and what you want to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Viva La Gloria

I'm doing the Msc in Marketing :)

Finished the BAHBMD last year and a few people in my class already have jobs from it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 sarah2304

@VivaLAGloria Snap!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭arleitiss

Hope I can get a job when I finish my course BSHC. Year two right now.

Advertisement