Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Microsoft points and Games on GoD

Options
  • 08-09-2012 9:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

just wondering if anyone has any good places for purchasing US Microsoft points, at the moment I'm just looking on eBay. Also does anyone know if US games on Demand games are locked to the US account you download it on? Or can it be played by all profiles on a console? I'm looking at getting Jurassic Park the game on GoD (I'm a JP nerd, :rolleyes:)

Just wondering if I'm wasting my time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Its a tricky one, yes in theory you could do that, though sometimes when you download a game from a region its not supposed to be for (based on your IP), you will have issues completing the download.

Though if the games download sucessfully, the games will be able to be played on any profile on the same Xbox.

And to be honest while I see where youre coming from with JP, the game is pretty bad I've heard!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I use http://www.cheapxboxlivecodes.com/ for mine lately but the price on the US cards there is very high compared to the UK ones.

Can't say whether or not it will allow you to download JP but in my experience if there is going to be a problem it normally tells you before you try to download it, like for example the BBC iPlayer, will tell you that it is not for your country / region when you try to download it with a UK account from here that it's region locked.

As for Jurassic Park , well it lets me get as far as paying for it and see it's 1600 points if you change the payment method.

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭AceCard Jones

Yeah I got as far as the 1600MSP as well, ordered 1600 points on eBay for 14 quid. They're meant to message it to you within 12 hours so we'll hopefully know soon.

I know the game is meant to be bad to play, but I'm interested to see the story. Can't be worse than Alone in the Dark (Currently cleaning up achievements in that pile of...)

Well for those interested, got the points, added them to the account, went to purchase the game and got told I can't download it due to the region of my console.

So don't think there is anything I can do unless buying it on the website and queuing the download that way would work?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

You could use a VPN and use ICS on your computer to share the VPN connection, though its complicated and messy to do.

• Advertisement

I ended up spending the points on something else. From reading around and seeing what other people have had happen, it seems it might be the console itself being European that's the problem, people are saying they masked/changed their IP and it still new their console wasn't in the correct region. I guess it just wasn't meant to be. :(

I'm sure I'll catch it on a Steam sale or maybe get it on PS3.

Advertisement