Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can anyone recommend a slow cooker

Options
  • 08-09-2012 10:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭

Hi all, my 15 year old slow cooker has given up, and gone where all good slow cookers go. :( Need some advice on buying new one, has to be able to feed six people who love their food :) there's so many out there now, finding it hard to know what to buy, if anyone has one they can recommend, or any ideas or help in where to buy and whats the best one to get, I would greatly appreciate it,

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

The Morphy Richards one I have is basic but big and cheap.
    It has three settings and will feed at least 6 hungry people.
    What else do you need from a slow cooker, maybe a timer?

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭sdp

hi, Thank you for link, looks just the job,

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

I'm looking for a two to three person one. Am not sure if the Morphy Richards one would be two big, don't know what the dealio on half filling the thing is

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

It's no problem only half filling it, I wouldn't often fill mine more than half. It is handy having the bigger one if you want to do a large piece of meat in it or a chicken though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

I got a 3.5L slow cooker in Tesco for under E30.

I get 4 small portions or 3 medium portions or 2 large portions from it, depending on what I cook in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

I'll have a look around and compare prices I think

• Registered Users Posts: 9,565 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Argos often have them quite cheap - I got a 1.5L one a couple of years ago for a fiver! Currently using a 3.5L one I got there for, I think, €15.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I can't remember the make of mine, but I find it great. It's a rice cooker (and steamer and porridge maker, though I don't use those two functions) as well as a slow cooker.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Argos often have them quite cheap - I got a 1.5L one a couple of years ago for a fiver! Currently using a 3.5L one I got there for, I think, €15.

+1, Argos is great for getting them cheap. Tesco have them cheap sometimes too, but maybe just the bigger Tescos.

I'd also agree with getting a bigger one. They're handy if you want to roast a joint of meat and then throw a few spuds and veggies around it. For 'wet' dishes (stews, curries etc) there doesn't seem to be any problem with only 1/2 or even 1/4 filling it.

Advertisement