Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

12 hour cuts to Swords Fire Station

Options
  • 08-09-2012 10:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Only became aware of this
    http://www.herald.ie/news/hse-risk-lives-in-ambulance-sat-nav-snub-3215150.html..
    Scary stuff if you happen to need an ambulance or fire brigade in those hours..
    I have a family member with Epilepsy and frequent seizures and had to rely on the Swords fire station on one occasion, so I am quite stressed about this.
    And apparently today 08/09/12 between the hours of 7am-7pm there is also no crew as management refusing to cover sick leave..
    How many more cutbacks are we expected to endure..

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

Typical frontline cuts when its the upper management levels and their salaries that need culling... but as its the upper management levels making these poxy decisions, im not surprised... turkeys wont vote for christmas and all that

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Shane Fitz

dubsontour wrote: »
    [COLOR="Blue"][/COLOR]Only became aware of this
    http://www.herald.ie/news/hse-risk-lives-in-ambulance-sat-nav-snub-3215150.html..
    Scary stuff if you happen to need an ambulance or fire brigade in those hours..
    I have a family member with Epilepsy and frequent seizures and had to rely on the Swords fire station on one occasion, so I am quite stressed about this.
    And apparently today 08/09/12 between the hours of 7am-7pm there is also no crew as management refusing to cover sick leave..
    How many more cutbacks are we expected to endure..

Shouldn't the title of this thread be changed? It's the HSE ambulance cover that is being affected, not Dublin Fire Brigade.

Advertisement