Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

training after New tattoo

• 08-09-2012 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭

Hey guys got a tattoo yesterday, its on my ribs and rather big, wondering how long i should stay out of the gym for? Is running or cycling advised? Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Training shouldn't be a problem chief. I got a pretty large tattoo on my back/shoulder blade on a Saturday and was at the boxing club on the Monday. The only thing I didn't do was the sit-ups for obvious reasons. I was back there again for the Cross Fit on the Wednesday and again, there was no problem. You'll be grand. The ONLY thing is (depending on the advice from your tattooist about not getting your tatt wet) after training and sweating you obviously need to have a shower so you need to be careful of that. Other than that you're grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Training shouldn't be a problem chief. I got a pretty large tattoo on my back/shoulder blade on a Saturday and was at the boxing club on the Monday. The only thing I didn't do was the sit-ups for obvious reasons. I was back there again for the Cross Fit on the Wednesday and again, there was no problem. You'll be grand. The ONLY thing is (depending on the advice from your tattooist about not getting your tatt wet) after training and sweating you obviously need to have a shower so you need to be careful of that. Other than that you're grand.
    Should probably wait a week or so to be perfectly honest! Minimise any irritation of the tattoo, give it a chance to start healing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

I was football training 2 days after my tattoo and it was fine even when it started to absolutely pour rain for about an hour. Went to the gym the next day aswel but stayed away from crunches because it was on my abs

Advertisement