Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFC 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭PacFish

I'll see you in week 2 Ben

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Clyde Chilly Mouthwash

Division of death I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Played with Cowboys online as though might get them, good receiving corps. Just need to XP Romo into a clutch QB. Really like their offense, and will have to see about the D.

Should be fun division.

How did the Skins fall to Ben?
    Thought there's be a lot more interest in them with RG3 and them being in the demo. Well at least he'll find it (more) difficult to improve via the draft.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Wow I can't believe I got the cards at pick 30?! Really looking forward to trying these guys out today! If only I had an Oline lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

Well the NFC East is just as difficult in real life as it is in the BFL. Should be fun match up's tho.. Time for the insulting of each others franchises to began!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

A couple of nice divisions so far.

NFC East is very, very tough once again this year. I too was surprised that the Redskins fell to day 4, I thought they'd be gone when I was picking on day 3 to be honest. I played with RGIII a few times myself and the read option is lethal, he's also good out of the shotgun and will just get better year after year. Add to that arguably the best player in the franchise is controlling them. The main reason they were probably still there on day 4 was due to question marks over the O-line and little draft picks etc, but at the end of the day I still wouldn't like to be playing against Santry twice a season. Empacher was a tough match up last year even with a poor QB and now has an elite QB to add to a very good run threat in Bradshaw, and probably the best D-line in the game. The Cowboys were a team I thought may fall to me on day 3 so played with them a bit earlier in the week and really liked them. I probably would have taken them if possible. One of the highest rated QB's, good WR's and a decent run threat in Murray. Add to that the joint highest rated defensive player in the game who's a sack machine and you get a very good team. The Eagles will also challenge providing Vick can stay fit for the majority of the season. Notyalc will have two highly rated WR's to aim at and one of the best HB's in the game. Another team and player I wouldn't like to face twice a season with that offence.

I think the East was always going to be a killer division given the quality of the teams in it. Glad I'm not in it to be honest!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

If you want me to sticky another one up . You better post up a division before 2..

Paully i agree. Cap wise though i think the giants struggle to keep all there stars. It also feels weird that Santry isnt the packers anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

I'm disgusted that my arch rival (one of them) is my Giants.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Any sign of another div?

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭ibmax

adrian522 wrote: »
    Any sign of another div?

No... And on that bombshell I'd like to propose that any players; trading, communicating or interacting in any way with Raoul and Santry over the next 12 months are to prolong said interaction by as long as possible!!!

Thank you :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

what time is the next division at?

Do the Skins and Cowboys have those cap penalties in CCM?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

Whoever took the Patriots is DEAD! I curse you and your QB, Tom Brady will be injured for no less then 4 weeks. Retiring at the end of the Year after another failed Super Bowl attempt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I'm bacckkkkk.

Next up is the NFC North :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

34hdsg6.png

empacher wrote: »
    Whoever took the Patriots is DEAD! I curse you and your QB, Tom Brady will be injured for no less then 4 weeks. Retiring at the end of the Year after another failed Super Bowl attempt

I've seen stories of some people reporting that Brady retires after 1 year, others have experienced him playing on but Brees retiring after 1 year. :pac: It seems it varies from each franchise to the other which is good.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Adrian.. Let's trade!

Adrian.. Let's trade!
    Don't mind him Adrian trade with me :)

SantryRed wrote: »
    34hdsg6.png

Good man Santry, cheers.

Jesus, based on who Paddy and Adrian have drafted I may actually get my first choice now. If ET hasn't taken them then it's guaranteed I'll get them. I'd prefer my second choice so hopefully he does, but either way I couldn't complain too much, I'll just have to put in a good bit of practice to get used to them.

Another interesting division. I haven't played HowAreWe but he seems to know what he's talking about based on his posts so I'm sure he'll prove to be a difficult opponent especially with Peterson a huge threat. Adrian finally gets a decent QB this year and will be tough to stop with Megatron to throw to. I considered the Bears myself but they didn't suit my style at all, but the Cutler to Marshall and Forte/Bush at HB will be good along with Urlacher and Peppers, one of the top 5 rated defensive players, marshaling the defense. The Packers are the Packers and with Rodgers plus the second best rated receiving corps on the game Nelbert will fancy his chances against anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Forget what I said about my choice being the shock of the draft, Adrian has not picked who I thought he'd pick, and to be honest I'm a bit more comfortable that way though my team will have a worse overall rating. Better madden scheme imo.

• Advertisement

Paully D wrote: »
    I'd prefer my second choice
    Case of buyer's remorse after submitting your picks Paully?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

I wanted the Lions! Had the 49ers in as my first and Lions second, I figured the guy picking ahead of me would take San fran so I'm surprised to get them, have been playing away with the lions so I'm gonna need some practice.....so start night shift tomorrow night so I've got all tonight!

Case of buyer's remorse after submitting your picks Paully?

To be honest I had done a good bit of research into it and really liked my first choice. After I submitted my picks though I started messing around a lot and practicing with my second choice and found I played well with them, had got used to their playbook and would have gladly taken them as first choice.

On saying that mate my first choice also fits my schemes and style perfectly so I would be happy with either, looking at the research I have done again here now it's a toss of a coin between who I would pick #1 if I could submit again, it just means I'd need to put as much practice in as I have over the last week to get 100% comfortable with them but may not get the chance to do that as I'm pretty busy from next week on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭linebacker52

happy to be the bears again but with the real players this time. adrain will be a hard opponent i don't know much about the other two looking forward to playing them over the next three seasons. wont be an easy division to win who ever gets to the super bowl from the nfc will real deserve to be there

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

Yay NFC will be done soon. Should be cable to figure my team out then so can get a bit of practice in today. Really wishing I didn't put my second pick were I did though would rather have my third and fourth to them but sure wat can ya do :-)

madalig12 wrote: »

I wanted the Lions! Had the 49ers in as my first and Lions second, I figured the guy picking ahead of me would take San fran so I'm surprised to get them, have been playing away with the lions so I'm gonna need some practice.....so start night shift tomorrow night so I've got all tonight!
    49ers where my 1st I got my second and lions where my 3rd

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Looking forward to this division, I've always had good games with paddy. Don't understand why lads didn't put the team they wanted as their first choice. Only issue with the lions was the 4-3 scheme.

Other teams I considered were camolina and San Diego.

You are texans then?

madalig12 wrote: »

You are texans then?
    Cant tell

• Advertisement

Cant tell

I'll take that as yes.