Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking Near Croke Park Tomorrow???

Options
  • 08-09-2012 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭

I'm driving up to the hurling final tomorrow and just looking for advice on where might be a good place to park. I reckon I won't find anywhere on the road for free so is there maybe a parking lot near by I should use. Thanks in advance for advice.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

simple answer dont drive - i dont know who is playing tomorrow but can you get the train? or park at the red cow and get the luas in ?

there are loads of pay car parks in the city but i would think they will be full.

but you could try Clerys Carpark on Marlborough Street

http://www.q-park.ie/ie/parking-with-q-park/our-parking-facilities/dublin/q-park-clerys

• Registered Users Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Park anywhere around Marino and walk. Seems like every other c~nt does. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭O.P.H

Park anywhere around Marino and walk. Seems like every other c~nt does. ;)

:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Or you could park in whitehall church car park and get any of the buses down, 16, 41, 33, 3, 746, you would be spoiled for choice.... takes literally 5 mins on bus from there, and its free parking in the church grounds....

im a local, ill know to avoid croker area like the plague on matchdays.....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

There is usually parking in Clonliffe College for around €10. It's a few minutes walk from Croke Park. Only use it if you're not in a hurry to leave afterwards. You could be waiting an hour or two queuing to get out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 656 ✭✭✭bobin fudge

a little side street of Dorset st that has free parking on a sunday and always has spaces right up until the last 30 mins before a game kicks off - very safe street as well and about 10 mins walk if that from croke park,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

O.P.H wrote: »
    I'm driving up to the hurling final tomorrow and just looking for advice on where might be a good place to park. I reckon I won't find anywhere on the road for free so is there maybe a parking lot near by I should use. Thanks in advance for advice.

Park in Mountjoy square around ten and you will get space.

gaillimh abu.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

What time are you arriving at? Your options will be greater the earlier you arrive. Plenty of free parking around loading bays in Talbot Street, Lower Gardiner St, etc. The Irish Life Carpark does unlimited parking on Sunday for €5.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭gara

Clonliffe College is ideal but you'll need to get there early as it fills up quickly

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Clonliffe is handy, but they don't let you out for a good bit after the game and you usually have to go out the other gate.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Red Cow and then get the Luas in, saves the stress for driving and parking

And there will be lots of stress tomorrow!! :D

Advertisement