Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The only way is up ? 0-14

Options
  • 08-09-2012 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭

So I am now 0-14 online in H2H. I throw about 5 picks per game. Closest defeat was just there. A 34-31 loss with last second FG. Down to 300 points. If I reach 0 do I combust ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

The points just mean you will be matched up with people the same level as you mate. Don't worry about the online record in H2H, 90% of the players don't play properly and do things you won't have to put up with in this franchise such as constantly going for it on 4th down etc.

Last year was the first year I had played Madden properly, around this time last year I didn't know one play from another, was just picking plays for the sake of it and couldn't name more than 1 player from each team. I played over 120 games on H2H and lost about 20 in a row at one stage over the first few weeks I had the game. I should have joined the franchise straight away but kept putting it off as I thought I'd get hammered. Best thing I did was join it as it has made games much more enjoyable, and I even ended up making the playoffs in my first season!

If you have a headset get it turned on during games and play as many friendlies with people from here and you will get plenty of hints and tips etc from them. If I was you I'd stop playing online H2H and just play friendlies against the lads on here to get used to the simulation style of games. I guarantee by this time next year if you stick with it you'll be a much better player than you are now.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭HowAreWe

Do ''practice' sessions ', stick to one playbook for now. get used to a few plays this way and gradually explore more and more plays in a playbook.

Know when to use them is all I can say. You can only get better. practice running the ball too, a lot of people say ''well it's a passing league'',well.... you can't win if you can't run. It'll make you feel more comfortable. the best way is to do more draw plays.I don't know how comfortable you are running on the outside but I'd advise to stay away from that for a bit.Also don't worry about taking a sack from time to time instead of throwing it in a panic. a punt is better than a pick, never forget it.

Are you reading the defence ? don't forget to audible. For the defence side of things, get used to formations, is there a fullback? 2 TE's ? slot receiver? if you see a guy appear somewhere where he wasn't previously, it's probably for a reason.

It'll all become easier in a week or two. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Thanks guys. Well I fell to 0-16 ! but think I MAY have found my level with back to back wins :D

2-16 but that only tells 90% of the story ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Raoul

I think for a newbie, it is important to learn to run the ball effectively as it lessons the amount you have to throw therefore lessons the amount of opportunities to throw picks which is your major problem.

If you can pick even 5 yards on two run plays, then go to a short yardage throw play that you have practiced the hell out of and you have the timing perfect and you know that you will get those extra 5 yards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Thanks. That makes sense.

• Advertisement
Advertisement