Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forward Planning - Buggies!

Options
  • 08-09-2012 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭

Hi,

soon to be dad and looking for some advise.

We have been looking at buggies / travel systems and have been perplexed with the options. I read one person say that its easier to buy a car and I have to agree.

Looking to get some thing that might be future proof (i.e. if we are lucky to have another sprog).
    Not keen on spending a lot and then a year down the line its useless. This happen my bro in law.
    Suggestions greatly appreciated.

Gar

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Queen of Sheebs

I bought the tuetonia spirit and loved it but due no.2 in 3 weeks and my little man is 14 months so had to sell it and buy the baby jogger city select!! I bought 2nd hand this time which i wouldn't have dreamed of doing for cathal!! But after seeing how long u use the pram for etc i decided it was't worth spending the money a second time. i got one that only used for 6 months and obey of the seats was never used so there are some really good deals out there!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

I got the baby jogger city select when pregnant with my first and have totally loved it as a single! I'm now pregnant with number 2 and just have to buy the extra seat and adaptors. It's truly brilliant in that you can arrange it so many ways! They have a video that shows this on their website. If I was deciding again I'd make the same choice! Really recommend it!

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭F-Stop

When you find one you are interested in check the reviews on the UK mothercare website - much more informative than the Irish site.

Which! do a £1 for a month trial for their website. I used this and checked their reviews and their Top 30. We ended up selecting the Oyster on their, and other, reivews. I can't recommend it yet though as baby hasn't arrived yet so it hasn't been used. Just remember to cancel the trial with Which!

And yes, I bought a new car a few weeks before we bought the buggy and it is much easier, but then again I've heard of Ford and Toyota and Volkswagen, but never heard of Quinny and Bugaboo and Silvercrest before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

we have the uppa baby.
    I love it, its a very sturdy buggy, it has big tyres, but the ones that dont need to be pumped - they cannot go flat! (think an aero bar on the inside of the tyre) It fits into my hatchback astra. and i can lift it in with one hand no bother as the frame is really light.
    The car seat, pram top and toddler seat all fit into it, and the basket underneath is very big.

Advertisement