Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Wireless Router?

• 08-09-2012 2:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭

Complete technophobe but can use the www.

Have Imagine wired broadband. Have cable tacked around the door to the router and wife wants rid. I know that I need wireless

Rang Imagine and they quoted €60 but told me I could get one cheaper in the likes of PC World.

What exactly do I need to get. Is it a Wireless DSL Router or Wireless Modem or Wireless ADSL Modem and any recommendations? No PCWorld nearby but i do have an Argos!

All help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

dfbemt wrote: »
    Complete technophobe but can use the www.

Have Imagine wired broadband. Have cable tacked around the door to the router and wife wants rid. I know that I need wireless

Rang Imagine and they quoted €60 but told me I could get one cheaper in the likes of PC World.

What exactly do I need to get. Is it a Wireless DSL Router or Wireless Modem or Wireless ADSL Modem and any recommendations? No PCWorld nearby but i do have an Argos!

All help appreciated.

If its DSL you should have a router with wireless built in?

Otherwise you could buy a DSL router with wireless and then configure it for Imagine...Wireless is generally crap for accessing the internet specially if you do any gaming.

Does the wife use the internet? Remove the cables and don't set her up for internet access and just tell her she needs the cables.

Advertisement