Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with build please

Options
  • 08-09-2012 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,309 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Just putting together a build for a mate. Parts are as follows

Motherboard: gigabyte GA-78LMT-S2P
    CPU:AMD FX 4100
    Memory: Crucial Ballistix 8gb kit. DDR3-1600 PC3-12800 CL9 @ 1.5v
    HD- 320gb 2.5 laptop hard drive
    Case + cpu- http://www.dabs.ie/products/best-value-ke-110b-ezcool-black-midi-tower---500w-psu-83XM.html?src=3

We built it last night and the first problem was that it sometimes turned on and them sometimes wouldn't, it was very temperamental, sometimes turning straight off.

This morning I disconnected the ram and all the header cables for power etc and double checked they were correct, it seems to be ok turning on now and staying stable at the load disc screen at the bios.

I have now encountered a problem where it gets to the gigabyte logo screen and then goes to the black bios screen where it list the parts, it says boot from cd.

At first it got to the windows file loading screen and then rebooted and tried again. It now wont even get to that screen and seems to go into a state of constant reboot when I try to load from cd.

I have tried a few different OS discs and have taken one of the ram modules out but no joy.

I know the hard drive scenario isn't ideal but I have done the same thing in my other build with no problems so don't think its that, any ideas?

I can post pics if needed although I am 100% sure its connected properly.

Thanks

edit just tried some more os discs and its seems to load the files and then go into a constant state of reboot every time, Im not sure if it had loaded 100% of the files.

Comments

Advertisement