Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sage Pay or Realex Payments?

Options
  • 08-09-2012 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

I'm looking for a payment gateway and merchant account for online store, so my question is "Sage or Realex?"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

We use Realex

• Company Representative Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭TheCostumeShop.ie: Ronan

We use Worldnet TPS, worth a consideration.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭zagro

Sage Pay is my favorite at this moment. 25e a month with up to 1000 transactions quarterly. they also offer merchant account with Evalon with no setup fee, 49c for Laser transaction and 2,5% for Visa, Mastercard and Maestro.
    What do you think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

Realex had a serious outtage a couple of month back with all systems down for about 8 hours. - No transactions could be taken online that day

They did not email their clients with any information, the did not reply to emails, they eventually sent out a non personalised 3 line statement (2 weeks later) saying sorry but gave no information about the issue.

Their attitude was - we updated our website with details. Simply not good enough. If I had an email when the issue was first noticed, I could have switched to paypal only during the outage.

Such service is disgraceful and we are switching out of them when our contract ends next month.

• Company Representative Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭TheCostumeShop.ie: Ronan

zagro wrote: »
    49c for Laser transaction

For giving that much up I hope you're getting brought for dinner and a theater date. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

zagro wrote: »
    Sage Pay is my favorite at this moment. 25e a month with up to 1000 transactions quarterly. they also offer merchant account with Evalon with no setup fee, 49c for Laser transaction and 2,5% for Visa, Mastercard and Maestro.
    What do you think?

Talk to the all the major banks and see what kind of rates they'll give you.
    Those rates seem a bit on the high side.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭zagro

For giving that much up I hope you're getting brought for dinner and a theater date. :D
    who knows...

Advertisement