Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Reading Log

Options
  • 08-09-2012 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

10303923-205x310.jpg

The Book Thief - Markus Zusak
    It kills me sometimes, how people die.

Have you ever read a book which completely blows your mind away? Like completely astounds you to the point where you're left completely and utterly speechless? Where the author simply masters the art of story-telling and successfully mixes humour with the macabre, beauty with death, fiction with reality? Have you ever read a book which keeps you trapped in its grasp long after you've completed its final chapter?

These elements can be found in The Book Thief by Markus Zuzak, and is quite an enjoyable read. :)

To me, war is like the new boss who expects the impossible. He stands over your shoulder repeating one thing, incessantly: “Get it done, get it done.” So you work harder. You get the job done. The boss, however, does not thank you. He asks for more.

Synopsis
    -The Book Thief is a Coming of Age, Young Adult Historical fiction set in Germany during the Second World War.
    -The story is seen through the eyes of the protagonist but is narrated by Death who tells her tale. Although Death never mentions his identity the reader discovers his role at a very early stage in the story.
    - This tale covers the experiences of Liesel Meminger, a young girl adopted by a middle-aged couple in Nazi Germany who conceals a Jewish fist-fighter from the holocaust.

My opinion - Just completed this novel and believe that this is definitely a great book. I'd easily read this again. Beautiful 5 star read. Highly recommended!

Advertisement