Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dog shít on footpaths.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Killer Wench

So because you don't want to pick up your own dog's poo, it is perfectly fine with you that an unsuspecting pedestrian steps in it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

Hi, my master let me use his account, I hope this will not get him in trouble with the MODS,

while it is very embarrassing for me and my fellow canines, having to show our balls as we go for a leek, and when we are having cramps everyone gets to see us in the hunker position and the big strain on our faces,

its no much of an ask considering all we do for you guys, so pick the fooking **** up and stop embarrassing us and yourselves,

to my canine brothers and sisters out there, WOOF WOOF WAFF.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Just pick it up after your dog does it,the streets of my town are covered with the stuff as local dog owners bring their beloved canines out in the mornings to clean themselves out on the footpaths.

I can't wait to get my hands on the old guy up the road from me who brings his dog down to shit on the green area where the local kids play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Muir

Why can't people on the dole do this job, do something useful for once ffs

Why should they? If someone wants a dog, then they should be prepared to take on all the responsibility that brings. People on the dole shouldn't have to clean up after people too lazy to clean up after themselves, and having a dog amounts to the same thing. It's the pet owners responsibility.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

I have a feeling that would end up with a lot of dog owners simply neglecting their animal's health.

Why would ya think that ? If they cared so little for the health of the animal they wouldnt be going to the vet in the first place.

They would just be forced to license the animal from the get go.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Rigol

Cant pick up scutters.

Good point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭ltdslipdiff

Buy a bag of Tesco Scented nappy bags dog-****ting owners and pick it up !!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭girl in the striped socks

Hi, my master let me use his account, I hope this will not get him in trouble with the MODS,

while it is very embarrassing for me and my fellow canines, having to show our balls as we go for a leek, and when we are having cramps everyone gets to see us in the hunker position and the big strain on our faces,

its no much of an ask considering all we do for you guys, so pick the fooking **** up and stop embarrassing us and yourselves,

to my canine brothers and sisters out there, WOOF WOOF WAFF.
    Oh how I wish I could thank this more than once.
    Woof woof!

Scioch wrote: »
    Its everywhere ffs, you cant go for a walk without stepping in the stinking stuff. How do we solve this horrific problem ?

I'd be in favour of doubling/tripling dog licences to pay for the cleaning of footpaths and shooting dead any unlicensed dog and their owners. But I've been told I'm a bit too "extreme" about these things.

So what do we do when people are too thick and ignorant to clean up after their stupid dogs ?

Why can't people on the dole do this job, do something useful for once ffs
    And while they are at it they could walk the dogs too. And do any other menial jobs we can think of because they're on the dole.

Ffs cop on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

Not a fear of my ever picking up aftr my dog ****. Why would i? I am from the country and walk on country roads. Do you think that all the farmers will go around and pick up after there cow sh1t? Nope. So 1 little dog sh1t isn't going to make any difference

yes , but cows and horses and herbivores , cat and dogs are carnivores
    the **** from a cow and a horse is not dangerous - cat and dog **** CAN be lethal

i know of one girl who was left with the mental age of a six year old becasue when she was six she fell in the green area in front of her house , got dog **** on her hand with out her knowing ( they think ) , she rubbed her eye and got some viral infection ( forget what it called ) and it mentally retarded her for life

she is in her late 40's now and still is a little girl living with her parents

if you don't want to pick up dog **** then don't own a ****ing dog - end of

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

Jeez. Such small problems. who gives a shlt.

Rigol wrote: »
    Cant pick up scutters.

Good point.
    I have my dog trained to go on the road. If we are walking & he needs to poop he aims his arse onto the road or steps down & goes.
    I still pick it up if it's firm but if it's scuttery I find something to put over it like grass or leaves. I usually try to scoop up some of it though & put grass or leaves over the rest of it if possible.
    I might sound like a weirdo but I hate walking in dog poop. I also have nieces & nephews that are still in the buggy so I don't want it on the wheels of their buggys. I know two people in wheelchairs that I don't want dog **** on their wheels. If I get **** on my shoe I can take it off before going into my house. Disabled people don't have that luxury.
    All it takes is a little responsibility & consideration for other people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

They should put a special dog **** cleaning mop on bicycles, we`d have the cleanest pavements in the world then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Do you think that all the farmers will go around and pick up after there cow sh1t? Nope.

Well they f**king should!!!! Spread all over roads, making driving conditions slippery. Yeah, dirty bastids SHOULD be made clean it up! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Scioch wrote: »
    Its everywhere ffs, you cant go for a walk without stepping in the stinking stuff. How do we solve this horrific problem ?

I'd be in favour of doubling/tripling dog licences to pay for the cleaning of footpaths and shooting dead any unlicensed dog and their owners. But I've been told I'm a bit too "extreme" about these things.

So what do we do when people are too thick and ignorant to clean up after their stupid dogs ?
    I'm sorry but it was a bad bit of curry and no toilets around
    I had t do it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭uberalles

A dediated web site for photos/videos of offenders would do the trick.

There are enough people with phones to record the deed and upload it. Shame is the way forward.

Ever notice the amount of sh1t within a few yard of nature walks in forests? I was going to do a temp sign "your dogs toilet" because that's what a lot of dog owners think it is.

Having to wash pram wheels and / or shoes. Gross. Selfish bastrads

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭NIALL D

did the invention of "the pooper scooper" ever take off ??

i think not , never seen anyone using one.. dog crap is everywhere on footpaths , fcukin drive ya mad tryin to dodge it and hop over it , especially when the poor fecker in front of you has stepped in it and dragged it half way up the street leaving it all over the place , making it twice as hard to avoid !!!! :mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

keithb93 wrote: »
    I never clean up my dogs sh!t because my dog ****s on the grass. If you walk on the grass when the footpath is right there then tough titties for you! Alse people would laugh at me carrying dog **** around the place with no bins to be seen.

Also seeing people step in dog poo is so funny!

Nob alert!!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Just shoot the owners - the dogs surely are not to blame - they're just doing what they have to do!

That won't solve the problem.

If there's no owners then the dogs will do what they want.

NIALL D wrote: »
    did the invention of "the pooper scooper" ever take off ??

i think not , never seen anyone using one.. dog crap is everywhere on footpaths , fcukin drive ya mad tryin to dodge it and hop over it , especially when the poor fecker in front of you has stepped in it and dragged it half way up the street leaving it all over the place , making it twice as hard to avoid !!!! :mad::mad:
    Pooper scoopers are useless IMO. It's like carrying around a small shovel.
    The 2euro shops do poop bags for €2 for 200 I think. Good strong bags that don't have any tears in them so you don't get poop on your hands. They also make handy rubbish bags for the car to loop around the gear stick if anyone is interested.
    Bags are much handier tbh. You can slip them into your pocket or carry them without any

Although I did forget them one evening, I was wearing a new jacket & forgot to stuff my pockets. Dog pooped on the road as usual, so as soon as I got back to the car I drove to the scene of the crime & picked it up then.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,131 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Abi wrote: »
    Most dog owners don't own a license, so that's a pointless exercise.
    Really? Damnit, it was stupid of me to buy a licence so. Waste of valuable funds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

the local park where i live is destroyed by the stuff. the place is full of kids and its a nightmare. its worse when the poop is just off the path cos toddlers wobble off course and the poop is like a hidden landmine. jesus...the rage inside when i see that happening.

oh and i love dogs. no i dont have one because im not willing to clean up after one.

bit of a rant there i suppose. sorry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

We need to start challenging those wasters who try to sneak away without picking up.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Dog sh*t is a popular delicacy in some parts of the country - the collected and binned stinking canine faeces could be exported to these areas for a tidy profit.

It's a win-win situation.:)

Some dogs also love to eat their own sh*t.:eek::(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

TheBody wrote: »
    We should sh1t in kennels. Give dogs a taste of their own medicine!!

Dogs will eat it and laugh at us :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

^ tbf....the other day i saw a man pick up his dogs poop....so there are some responsible dog owners.

We need to start challenging those wasters who try to sneak away without picking up.
    Try it & see the response you will get. I've done it on a few ocassions &, pardon the pun, got dogs abuse.
    Until there's proper CCTV in every town I honestly don't see how you can fine someone for it. All it takes is a smartarse to say it wasn't them & before you know it the fine is dropped if it even gets to that stage.
    If it did go to court & you were willing to be a witness how can you positively identify someone as the culprit without proper evidence? Most people have camera phones but would that suffice?
    And who's to say that you don't report someone you hate. Just out of spite you report them for not picking up after their dog.
    And if you do report someone who's to say they actually own that dog? It's easy enough to give the dog a holiday with a family member until it blows over.
    Until dogs are basically registered like cattle then it's going to be a waste of time.
    Want a dog? Fine, get a dog licence that is registered to you. Anything that ever happens the dog can only be traced back to you unless its in a kennell or under veterinary care.
    IMO there's too many loopholes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Motorist

I often walk outside where I live to see owners looking on helplessly without a care, as their dogs take a prolonged pensive $hit all over a public footpath.

I love running at the dog while shouting as it yelps and $hits all over the place. A good fright is the only way they will be conditioned not to $hit there again. If the owners try to say anything, I give them dogs abuse (sorry) for their nonchalant attitude to freestyle canine defecation.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

When I was a kid back in the 1980s dog sh*te was all over the place - especially on the little grassy verges between the pavement and the road on my suburban street.

It's still around but not as bad as it once was because many dog owners are responsible and pick up after their dog.

One really despicable thing is to let (or even get) your dog to crap in someone's front garden. That is totally unacceptable. I had a relative who was the victim of these antics.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

The answer?....get a cat!, they bury their own poop.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭GaryIrv93

Pieces of broken glass as well as dog sh1t are a huge problem especially on cyclepaths. It's often really hard to avoid. The amount of punctured bike tyres I've had to deal with because of broken glass on paths is ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

Dun laoighaire pier. Like picking your way across a rice paddy in Laos, the amount of "mines" dropped by the car-pet bummers.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭Vicar in a tutu

^ tbf....the other day i saw a man pick up his dogs poop....so there are some responsible dog owners.

I seen a man EAT his dog poo ( and his friends dog poo as his friend also forgot his little poo bag) , I thought that was very responsible IMHO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Both Dublin City Council & Fingal County Council are actively REMOVING bins. They claim when challenged that this is because some people are using them for household waste. In our area We now have LESS bins in our parks, beaches etc & a proliferation of discarded plastic drinks bottles around football pitches, metal take-away trays, smashed glass, beer cans , chrisp packs etc.

I agree that dog owners should pick up after their pets. So too should cat owners who dismiss their responsibilities with nonsense like " they always dig a hole for it". Cats roaming & freely toiling in any lath or garden where children play is also a major hygiene & health issue but one that does not receive the same happy bashing as others.

Provide bins, at adequate intervals in public areas. And sweep the streets and pick up the glass, etc from our parks. A smashed glass or beer can will sever through a Childs tendons or muscles like butter . As dangerous as the disposable BBQ's & metal grills that feckless people leave smouldering or discarded in the dunes on beaches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,664 ✭✭✭policarp

Pottler wrote: »
    Dun laoighaire pier. Like picking your way across a rice paddy in Laos, the amount of "mines" dropped by the car-pet bummers.:mad:

And there are signs to be seen,
    Dogs can be blind.? Maybe shortsighted.
    Can't see sh!t.
    So next year I'll buy a new owner. . .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

I seen a man EAT his dog poo ( and his friends dog poo as his friend also forgot his little poo bag) , I thought that was very responsible IMHO.

Another nob alert!!

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Ziegfeldgirl27

The solution is we NEED BINS TO PUT IT IN. Where I live there is not a single bin anywhere. Don't blame anyone who doesn't pick up after their dog, I wouldn't want to carry a bag of ****e around either.

In America there are bins everywhere and what do you know, no crap on the streets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

The solution is we NEED BINS TO PUT IT IN. Where I live there is not a single bin anywhere. Don't blame anyone who doesn't pick up after their dog, I wouldn't want to carry a bag of ****e around either.

In America there are bins everywhere and what do you know, no crap on the streets.

Its your dog, you sort it out. If you dont want to carry around the shít then dont let the dog shít on the footpath. Or walk it in an area where there is bins.

Jesus christ the amount of people who needs their arses wiped for them is unreal. I had this same conversation with someone before about littering. They said if a bin isnt around they will throw rubbish on the road because they didnt want to carry it. And it was the councils problem.

Your dog shít, your rubbish, your fcukin problem not everyone elses. Of all of you who complain about no bins, how many have actually contacted the council about it ? I'd wager none, you just use it as an excuse to be lazy and ignorant. I doubt you'd even want bins around because if there was you'd have no excuse to leave it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 scaletec

Drogheda its the worst town I have seen for dog shiite on foot paths. It's everywhere!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Both Dublin City Council & Fingal County Council are actively REMOVING bins. They claim when challenged that this is because some people are using them for household waste. In our area We now have LESS bins in our parks, beaches etc & a proliferation of discarded plastic drinks bottles around football pitches, metal take-away trays, smashed glass, beer cans , chrisp packs etc.

I agree that dog owners should pick up after their pets. So too should cat owners who dismiss their responsibilities with nonsense like " they always dig a hole for it". Cats roaming & freely toiling in any lath or garden where children play is also a major hygiene & health issue but one that does not receive the same happy bashing as others.

Provide bins, at adequate intervals in public areas. And sweep the streets and pick up the glass, etc from our parks. A smashed glass or beer can will sever through a Childs tendons or muscles like butter . As dangerous as the disposable BBQ's & metal grills that feckless people leave smouldering or discarded in the dunes on beaches.

This. 1000 times, this. The councils are removing bins, the roads are full of glass and rubbish. It's just not acceptable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Try living in Killarney where there is horseshit everywhere from them feckin jaunting cars.

kylith wrote: »
    This. 1000 times, this. The councils are removing bins, the roads are full of glass and rubbish. It's just not acceptable.
    It's not acceptable to expect someone else to pay for disposal of your dog's crap. Look after your own crap.
    Try it & see the response you will get. I've done it on a few ocassions &, pardon the pun, got dogs abuse.
    I'm well aware of the response you get. I've done it many times. Some people sheepishly apologise, some say 'oh dear I don't have any bags with me' (and watch their face drop when I produce a bag and hand it to them, some people get aggressive.

If every time their dog craps on the street, they get an earful from the nearest passerby, they'll soon cop on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 688 ✭✭✭maxfresh

i live in a seaside town in dublin and there is dog **** everywhere ,could the council not get some sort of big hoover type thing that would suck it up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

It's not acceptable to expect someone else to pay for disposal of your dog's crap. Look after your own crap.

It's not acceptable that the streets of our capital city are covered in broken glass and general rubbish because the council are removing bins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Chinasea

OP, even if they quadrupled the dog licences it would not make a blind bit of difference. In the 40 plus years I have been out walking my dogs, not once have I been asked for my dog licence.

I wrote, rang and pleaded with the local County Council in Dun Laoghaire to put some bins in the local park in Dun Laoghaire. Eventually they did, but most days they were left overflowing and foxes pulled the contents asunder. Then they were promptly removed and the excuse was that the bins were being used by local people for their municipal waste. Some of this was true, but there are ways around this if they could be bothered.

I wrote, rang and pleaded for the allusive dog warden or litter warden to be 'seen' in the parks but again all I got was excuses.

• Advertisement

maxfresh wrote: »
    i live in a seaside town in dublin and there is dog **** everywhere ,could the council not get some sort of big hoover type thing that would suck it up
    That's no solution. As soon as you suck it up, these dirtbirds start their crapping dogs again. You need to solve the problem at source - stop them letting their dogs crap on the streets.
    kylith wrote: »
    It's not acceptable that the streets of our capital city are covered in broken glass and general rubbish because the council are removing bins.

The streets of our capital city aren't covered in broken glass and general rubbish because the council are removing bins. The streets of our capital city are covered in broken glass and general rubbish because of anti-social dirtbirds that drop their rubbish in the street, and get away with it. They need to learn to bring their rubbish home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

Dogs didn't ask to be made pets for people and didn't put footpaths all round the place where they would freely do a crap. I like dogs. People on the other hand can be idiots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Dogs didn't ask to be made pets for people and didn't put footpaths all round the place where they would freely do a crap. I like dogs. People on the other hand can be idiots.

That's why I always say, don't blame the dog, blame the owner. It's not too much of an effort, to take one of them dog poo removal kits with you, imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

The dog DNA database.

Jerusalem to take saliva samples from all canines in bid to wipe out blight of droppings. ,

This wouldn't work in Ireland with the amount of unlicensed and stray muts about. :)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2157238/DNA-database-Jerusalem-track-animals-leave-droppings-Holy-City.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

Follow the dog owners home and crap on their doorstep. Direct action, your only man. Just in case you get caught "in the act", carry a plastic bag with you and clean up after yourself. Pis5 on their car tyres as well, just for the full effect.

• Advertisement
Advertisement