Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dog shít on footpaths.

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

I can't understand why, should the owner insist on neglecting to picking up the stuff, not move the dog onto the road to do its business! It surely wouldn't be so difficult to do that. But no, it's always the steaming pile left right in the centre of the pavement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭UCDVet

Pottler wrote: »
    Follow the dog owners home and crap on their doorstep. Direct action, your only man. Just in case you get caught "in the act", carry a plastic bag with you and clean up after yourself. Pis5 on their car tyres as well, just for the full effect.

Sadly, this is probably the only way we can stop it.

Dog licenses are not enforced at all. Not once has anyone ever asked to see mine. Too many people simply have no sense of decency or shame. They can't be arsed to pick up after their dog - even if it's in a park, where children play. Unless someone or something is going to directly make their life worse - they'll do whatever they want.

The government isn't going to increase it's policing efforts anytime soon. They don't have the money and too many of the guilty will simply not pay the fines. And adding bins won't help, IMHO, I've seen too many examples of it happening where bins are provided. It's just an excuse for the lazy to justify their actions.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭dave3004

Slide tackled through a pile of dog**** when I was younger. Was right on our local green. Gagged and reached for about 5mins. Stupid dogs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

[/QUOTE]

It's not acceptable that the streets of our capital city are covered in broken glass and general rubbish because the council are removing bins.[/Quote]

Agreed.+1 for Parks AND Beaches. It's totally unacceptable.

Portmarnock beach have an amazing team of ( mostly 3 people) tidy towns Volunteers who do incredible work : you frequently see them with huge bags filled with dropped litter/boxes if broken glass which the council after a big fight eventually agreed to drive down & collect from a puck-up point & dispose of. The council-mind you-whose job it is to DO this but who consistently refuse. And who have taken the bins off all locations in the beach BEFORE the summer; with the exception of a few right beside the " entrance" at the top of a 5 or 6 mile long beach.

I have NEVER in ANY Park seen ANY council workers pick up rubbish; EVER. It always seem to be volunteers/tidy towns people/heritage day volunteers; it's a disgrace.

Lifting a bin & transferring it's contents two foot to a waiting refuse truck is not enough.

Twenty years on I still have pain in the palm of my hand from where I fell as a kid in a park onto glass. Permanent nerve damage & not fixable. Using a mouse after 4 or so hours begins to hurt. Glass covered by leaves or sand can still mutilate & maim.

I like someones post about a portable giant parks Hoover ... There's money in that for someone !!!! Of course we'd need better than the current " not my jobbers" / job for life lazy whingers to use them .. God forbid real time managed, definable, goal driven outputs & targets be used, or met.

Put BINS back in our streets, parks & beaches AT LEAST; and get some if the half nine to four with an hour .& a quarter lunchbreakers to do more than just lift & empty them.

And while I'm at it ; community service sentences used to pick litter; you'd see them in their high via CS shirts up the middle of the Malahide road... Does anyone know has this stopped being " sentenced" now , or have they just moved in elsewhere now that its cleared (ish)...
    Or is it against their " human rights" .. As if victims dont have rights....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Liam90

I was recently in New Zealand and there was no dog shít anywhere and nearly every household owns a dog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

Scioch wrote: »
    Its everywhere ffs, you cant go for a walk without stepping in the stinking stuff. How do we solve this horrific problem ?

I'd be in favour of doubling/tripling dog licences to pay for the cleaning of footpaths and shooting dead any unlicensed dog and their owners. But I've been told I'm a bit too "extreme" about these things.

So what do we do when people are too thick and ignorant to clean up after their stupid dogs ?

just punch the owner in the face, it works a few times for me as i go jogging a lot and keep having to run on the footpath like i am jumping hurdles to avoid it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

du Maurier wrote: »
    I can't understand why, should the owner insist on neglecting to picking up the stuff, not move the dog onto the road to do its business!
    On behalf of the cyclists of Ireland, feck off.
    I have NEVER in ANY Park seen ANY council workers pick up rubbish; EVER.

I see Dublin City Council staff picking up rubbish and emptying bins all the time in Herbert Park, and Dun Laoghaire Rathdown staff doing likewise in Marlay Park all the time. Maybe it's a DNS thing?

• Site Banned Posts: 11 muller21

kylith wrote: »
    It's not acceptable to expect someone else to pay for disposal of your dog's crap. Look after your own crap.

It's not acceptable that the streets of our capital city are covered in broken glass and general rubbish because the council are removing bins.

I cycle to and from work and I feel like I'm cycling on a stunt track trying to avoid the glass. Dog crap isn't that bad when you constantly see piles of horse crap everywhere..place is filthy..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

mauzo wrote: »
    I live beside an equestrian centre.

Paths are always full of horse poo.

They shoot horses don't they?

• Site Banned Posts: 563 ✭✭✭Wee Willy Harris

i bet Linda Martin would go 'awww' n wolf it down

• Advertisement
Advertisement