Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice in getting a new pc

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Oh right, those are only rushed payment fees, then? I thought that they started charging ridiculous amounts for the international transfers.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭pcadvice

spix wrote: »
    Did you add the intended purpose to the transfer?

Remittee: hardwareversand.de GmbH
    Amount:
    Intended purpose: 'whatever yours is'
    for international payment:
    B.I.C. S.W.I.F.T.: PBNKDEFF
    IBAN No: DE73440100460731239469

i filled everything out including that yes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

Monotype wrote: »
    Oh right, those are only rushed payment fees, then? I thought that they started charging ridiculous amounts for the international transfers.

Yeah they charge a fee for urgent ones (although I don't see how it could get any faster). I do non-urgent so its free and hwvs confirm the payment next morning if I do the transfer before 4pm.

when i first phoned AIB i was told cheapest bank transfer i could do was €15 online standard (he might have been wrong), i used my online banking and urgent cost €12.70

Yeah they charge a fee for urgent ones (although I don't see how it could get any faster). I do non-urgent so its free and hwvs confirm the payment next morning if I do the transfer before 4pm.

how exactly do hwvs confirm the payment? by email or update your order status on hwvs? normal upto 5 working days and urgent max of 2 i was told

• Advertisement

pcadvice wrote: »
    i filled everything out including that yes

Could you pm me what it says under 'view more detail' on your transfer

A few people here had issues with the payment taking longer than expected to go through and they had to call them to sort it out.

I've never had an issue though but I enter the 'intended purpose' twice.... on the 'Senders message for receiver' and the 'Senders reference' when you click next after filling in payment details.

pcadvice wrote: »
    how exactly do hwvs confirm the payment? by email or update your order status on hwvs? normal upto 5 working days and urgent max of 2 i was told

I get an email, it never takes 5 days for normal transfer for me. Next day or 2 days max if you do it after 4pm.

Could you pm me what it says under 'view more detail' on your transfer

A few people here had issues with the payment taking longer than expected to go through and they had to call them to sort it out.

I've never had an issue though but I enter the 'intended purpose' twice.... on the 'Senders message for receiver' and the 'Senders reference' when you click next after filling in payment details.

done

They'll change the status on your order page if they get the payment to 'payment received'. I think it always takes a bit longer the first time you send them a payment from your account.

They'll change the status on your order page if they get the payment to 'payment received'. I think it always takes a bit longer the first time you send them a payment from your account.

im sure the fact that they wont be posting until tuesday at the earliest is also a factor? gpu wont be in stock until tuesday

• Advertisement

Nah, they'll usually update the page anyway. What day did you send it off? Yesterday? Yes, it could easily be Monday by the time they'd have it. Probably early money and if they have stock set aside and you're lucky, they might ship before the end of the day.

He pm'd me the transfer details and looks like he forgot to add the 'Intended purpose' and put his order number/customer number instead.

I've seen at least 2 other threads where people have done this and asked why their payment hasn't gone through yet... they had to phone them to sort it out.

I'll make a thread about it so nobody else forgets :D

third time calling go through to a guy that could speak english, his boss is gone until monday but he will sort it monday and send confimation email

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Eddieb

Did transfer today with Aib cost me noting and had a card reader. so now just waiting on my new rig to be sent WIN 7 is still not in stock so have to wait for that. again guys cheers for all the help and advice. if your ever in westmeath i owe you all a beer.

Ed.

I saw the english windows 7 in stock yesterday so they might have one set aside for your order.

Oh just noticed you ordered today..they should have it back in stock soon

Hey guys the pc came today and im in the middle of building not doing to bad i must admit but ive hit a wall the Samsung ssd i got ive no clue where i mount it on the case, any vids i watch says i need an adapter thing for it but i didnt get one i only got the card any clues on what i need to do ?

Just leave it at the bottom of the case. There's no moving parts so it won't be vibrating or get damaged if you're not vigorously moving the case around.

Just leave it at the bottom of the case. There's no moving parts so it won't be vibrating or get damaged if you're not vigorously moving the case around.

Awesome thanks Mono. :)

Well Pc all built and working like a dream "cant belive i was able to build it" was some what tricky with some things but google is great for info. anyways am waiting to get my copy of GW 2 to see what this baby can do, again guys thanks for the help from all of you and a big woop for spix and Mono. You guys rule

Advertisement