Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do Irish students qualify for the Student Maintenance loan?

• 08-09-2012 6:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭

I know Irish students qualify for fees loans (which doesn't particularly apply to me as the one that I want to apply for is covered by the NHS bursary) but do they qualify the Student Maintenance Grant in any part of the UK?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭regob

no, however if ya go to uni in scotland i think ya can still get the grant not sure though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭regob

nhs bursarys normally provide decent mainteanance i thought

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭cat87

I got a place on a Nursing course in England, I didn't take it up but I was told by admissions at the uni that Irish studentS in England are entitled to have their fees on health care courses paid for by the NHS but cannot get any loans or the NHS bursary as you have to be living in the UK for the previous 3 years so you have to apply for the grant or loan here in Ireland.

Advertisement