Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Forever 21 & shopping in Dublin

• 08-09-2012 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭

Sorry just realised I posted this in beauty by mistake!!

Today I went for a bit of a shopping spree, in forever 21 and in penneys. I was originally going to get some office style clothes for my new job but of course ended up with a few extra things!

I was looking forward to going to f21 heard loads of great things about it but was quite disappointed. All the shirts/blouses that I liked and were suitable for office wear were that chiffony sheer type material and I hate that. I picked up 2 pairs of skinny jeans though but I didn't bother to try them on. Wish I did because one pair of them is quite tight! The other pair are so soft and amazingly comfortable! The sizings are a bit Wierd I thought. I hate buying jeans that just give the waist measurement because I don't really know what I am. You can only buy 24 or 26 inch and I think I am 25.
    Upstairs I got a few tops and cardis which I was really happy with. They did have some lovely things upstairs! There was one section with the most beautiful tops but all the sizes were 1x and 2x, they weren't in any smaller sizes so that was disappointing because they were beautiful! I don't know if I was in the plus size section or not but they were the exact kind of tops I was looking for.

Went across to penneys then and picked up more things, black trousers and a couple of blouses which I really liked. Got the one they put on their fb recently, blue and white gingham with a nice crochet collar! I love it!

So overall a productive day! Broke now though!

Oh and was hanging around outside arnotts deciding whether to go in or not. And this American lady stopped me. 'excuse me, is this a traditional Irish store?' I said no, it's a department store! And she said 'oh ok, and do they sell cashmere sweaters?' I just said I don't know, I don't work there. I hope I didn't sound rude! But it's true, I don't work there and I was never in that shop.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

I only ever shop in Forever 21 for accessories. I am very tall and nothing in there is long enough for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Ziegfeldgirl27

Their accessories were lovely! I got a lovely pearl style necklace and it was only 1.50! They had lovely hats and scarves for winter too, and tights and socks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

It's really frustrating, they often have clothes hanging out only in one size! So there'll be a rack with about 20 identical tops on it - and every single one will be just the one size, all XS or all L or whatever.

Also I find you always need to try on things there, the sizes seem to vary a lot.

I've gotten quite a few nice bits and pieces there, though, and very cheap! I find it's handy if you're looking for something really specific, like if you need to get a cardi or top in a very specific style/colour - the shop is so big, you'll almost always find what you're looking for. Getting the right size, then, is the problem though!! :o

It's not somewhere I'd go for workwear. Next, Dunnes, Debenhams and maybe New Look are the best places for that sort of thing, I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭vibrantblue

I, too, only shop for accessories in F21. Their sizing is very inconsistent.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Ziegfeldgirl27

I see what you mean, because one of the cardigans I got is teeny tiny and it's a size large! I would not like to see a small in it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭head_honcho

I used to love F21, but their prices and sizes are way off, and I agree that their accessories are great. Jeans in it don't fit me well. Plus the size of the shop in Dublin leaves me exhausted, I just have to leave! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I never shop there - I find that all their clothes are cut for very straight up and down figures, which isn't me at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭sunrise91

I find it very hit and miss, sometimes I'll spend a small fortune in there whereas other weeks I'll go in and see absolutely nothing! And I agree with head_honcho about the size of the shop being overwhelming. The first time I was in there I actually nearly cried when I realised how big it was!!

Advertisement