Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laser card fraud

Options
  • 08-09-2012 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi All,

I have today had my laser card cancelled due to Fraudulant transactions. In total €50 was stolen in the last week in €10 incramants. The name appearing on the transactions in POSTFONE and they wer all poin too sale transactions so this means the card was skimmed and they have my PIN.

What I really need to know is will AIB give me this money back?

They said today that it does look like fraud by the way the transactions were taken, staring small and becoming more frequent.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Celeron Media

Eh, POSTFONE is An Posts phone service. I wouldn't of thought the post office would commit fraud.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 lindseys

Hi,

Ya I don't think it was the post office either. Just someone using my card for something to do with POSTFONE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Celeron Media

Right so, If it's not you topping a postfone with €10 call credit each time. Contact your bank, report credit fraud and request a charge back. Your card will be cancelled and a new one will be sent out in the interim.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I would also see about getting in touch the Postfone, as they can probably link the receipt (i.e. laser card payment) to a top-up voucher. From there, they should be able to link it to a phone (assuming that they have proper systems). You may need to get the Gardaí involved - ask your bank for guidance.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

dudara wrote: »
    I would also see about getting in touch the Postfone, as they can probably link the receipt (i.e. laser card payment) to a top-up voucher. From there, they should be able to link it to a phone (assuming that they have proper systems). You may need to get the Gardaí involved - ask your bank for guidance.

You won't be able to do anything yourself, the Gardai have to get a court order to retrieve this information.

The Gardai will do nothing because at the end of the day its 50 euro for a good few hours work that will probably lead to a pre paid phone with no registration.

Best think the OP could hope for is the bank to write it off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭RUCKING FETARD

Best think the OP could hope for is the bank to write it off.
    Is this not a given with this sorta thing?? Thought they insured against this happening??

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Dave Gavin

I had 937 euro taken out of my account through pixmania on the 17th of december 2013 ... Apparently these people have number generating machines and . Companies that have a low security protocol ... ie.. no names or addresses that tie in with the card are an easy target for these cockroaches.... I will get even with these scum sometime... Christmas was cancelled this year...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Please don't re-open old threads, thanks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement