Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Make Up For Ever - recommendations

• 08-09-2012 8:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭

Hope you guys can help me-

I have a ton of vouchers for Make Up For Ever and I am very excited to try out this brand because I have heard so many great things!

Can anybody recommend any must-have/avoid products from the brand?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Heard great things about their HD foundation, definitely worth a look!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭vibrantblue

I went in the store today with my voucher.

I got a lipstick (Rouge Artist Intense) and an eyeliner (Aqua Eyes). I heard really good things about Aqua Eyes. I've been wearing the shade I purchased (12L) for around 7 hours now and it hasn't budged or smudged. Rouge Artist Natural has better reviews than the Intense range. People said Intense is a bit drying. But it is longer-lasting and I already have a million normal lipstick so I went with Intense (32). I've been wearing it the whole day as well and it is business. It really is long lasting. I applied vaseline on top of it from time to time because it IS drying. But it is not really a problem for me as my lips are really dry and I re-apply vaseline all the time anyway.

There are really good reviews for their foundations. But many didn't recommend them for acne prone skin (especially HD), which I am, so I didn't go for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I used this 'Lift' concealer when working on a tv production and it was brilliant! http://www.makeupforever.com/products/complexion/concealers/lift-concealer.html

Reminds me, I need to buy some of this!!

Their Face and Body is really nice too. It is quite light so if you want a lot of coverage I wouldn't get it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Their HD powder is brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 AoifeBee

Hope you guys can help me-

I have a ton of vouchers for Make Up For Ever and I am very excited to try out this brand because I have heard so many great things!

Can anybody recommend any must-have/avoid products from the brand?

I use their HD foundation (115) and I swear by it! I have oily combination skin , the foundation is oil free! I'd say it's medium coverage! I love it! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

I haven't used it myself, but apparently their Smokey Lash mascara is meant to be great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

They have hardly any foundation in the store at the moment - well I went in last Thursday and they said they had no stock but were hoping to get it in in a few weeks.

Might have to investigate the above recommendations instead - thanks ladies!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭RebelScorned

ams wrote: »
    They have hardly any foundation in the store at the moment - well I went in last Thursday and they said they had no stock but were hoping to get it in in a few weeks.

No foundations? Gulp! I was hoping to stock up! Here's hoping they stock up before my vouchers expire!

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Robyn_14

ams wrote: »

No foundations? Gulp! I was hoping to stock up! Here's hoping they stock up before my vouchers expire!
    They rarely ever have HD or Face and Body in stock (my two foundations)-you have to wait weeks for stock. I just order now from Guru Makeup Emporium online in London instead cos MUFE Clarendon street never have my foundation!really annoying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭RebelScorned

Hi guys,

Thanks for all your replies and recommendations. I called into the store on Clarendon Street during the week and I picked up a few things even though I wasn't able to pick up what I really wanted (foundations etc.) The very helpful staff told me that they are expecting an order in from Paris in the coming weeks and they should be fully restocked in foundations etc when this is delivered. They took my details and said they would call me when the stuff comes in and put it aside for me to collect when it comes in.

I picked up the following items in store. I've included prices just in case you were wondering- I know I found it quite hard to find this sort of info on MUFE:

Sculpting Blush in Shade 6 (€26.50)

Uplight in Shade 31 (€31.50)

2 x HD Blush in 5 and 7 (€28 each)

2 x Rouge Artist Natural Lipsticks in N26 and N34 (€19.50 each)

Rouge Artist Intense Lipstick in 32 (€19.50)

2 x Rouge a Levres Lipsticks in L157 and L159 (€10 each)

Aqua Cream in Shade 4 (€21.50)

Aqua Lip Pencil in 8C (€16.50)

2 x Aqua Eyes Pencils in 1L and 21L (€16.50).

If you have any questions in particular about any of these items, feel free to ask- I hope to eventually get around to reviewing everything and putting it on my blog.

I also ordered the HD Foundation, Face and Body Foundation, HD Primer, Velvet Touch Powder, Aqua Creams in 2 and 13, Aqua Lip in 15C and Sculpting Blush in 10 for whenever they get their restock so fingers crossed they will arrive soon!

Excited now to try all these out!

• Advertisement
Advertisement