Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thunderstorm/Convective Watch - Autumn/Winter 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Watch out for Mammatus after it passes !! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Wolfe_IRE

Iancar29 wrote: »
    Watch out for Mammatus after it passes !! :D

got a strike and subsequent thunder on video. will try and figure out how to get off camera now!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Looking at the radar is there any chance of thunder in Galway

Yup... there certainly is a chance .

WOLFE!!!... that cell is right moving!!!!!!! PLEASE TELL ME YOu have visual of a big funnel cloud at least!!!!?! hahaha

• Advertisement

WOLFE!!!... that cell is right moving!!!!!!! PLEASE TELL ME YOu have visual of a big funnel cloud at least!!!!?! hahaha

Lot of hail, umpteen lightning strikes, torrential rain, wet camera!

Working on getting video up.

Wolfe_IRE wrote: »
    Lot of hail, umpteen lightning strikes, torrential rain, wet camera!

Working on getting video up.

I wish someone had a view of it from a distance... it looks like a supercell on radar now!!

OMG!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

222740.png

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭RoisinD

I am to the northwest of that system - had some very intense rain, some strikes and lots of rolling thunder but cannot help with any more info. I have hills to my south east so was really unable to see across. Electricity went off briefly twice so I assume those to the south of us were more affected.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

222740.png

I am amazing jealous of anyone under that ! :eek::pac:

• Advertisement

FIrst photo tweeted from Ennis ...A4MyqF0CUAAjJvF.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

222740.png

Come South, please come South.....

Oh well, nice to see something interesting after the non-summer :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Tactical wrote: »
    Come South, please come South.....

Oh well, nice to see something interesting after the non-summer :D

Ha, I'm shouting the opposite! Go North, go North. Missed me here, heading in the direction of Loughrea, just getting some moderate rain from the edge of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

You know its a good sign when MT posts in the Convective Watch thread! :D

Its nothing out of the ordinary , if it was to keep diving , that would be a good sign :)

Reading 994 now...Was 997 at 10.00am.

Anything to worry about? I'm not up to speed with the weather readings...etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,513 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Barometer won't indicate much in this situation, the cells are quite small and anything locally severe would only produce a very small pressure wave. Looks to me now as though more severe cells are developing for the Galway and north Clare region. Will continue to watch for a while.

Went very dark in Galway at 1pm, torrential rain but no sparks :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

Barometer won't indicate much in this situation, the cells are quite small and anything locally severe would only produce a very small pressure wave. Looks to me now as though more severe cells are developing for the Galway and north Clare region. Will continue to watch for a while.

Fab...Thank you...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,513 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Severe storm appears to be approaching Tullamore from WSW. This looks capable of crossing Meath before it's done as a severe cell. Further activity possible in Galway about a half hour from now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Hammering down in Galway , just saw lightning out over the bay. MT was spot on, there be some instability and heavy crap coming in behind this.

Some big rolls of thunder just here in Galway.

• Advertisement

Very long rumbles of thunder in Galway it is pitch black to the Aran Island direction

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Buck Fizz

Torrential rain, thunder & lightning here in Galway city west 10 mins ago. It ended way too quickly!!! dam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Crazy weather in galway, loud thunder, torrential hail, strong wind blowing all the leaves off trees

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Thunder and lightning here in last 15 mins (Galway city), lightning was 3-4km away going on my count. Still rumbling away as I type...

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭tylercollins

Mammatus spotted about 20mins ago while driving from Derry to Strabane :)

Shot this video over Kilmaley, Clare, at lunchtime. Managed to miss most of the lightning but managed to get one flash and a few rumbles on video. Intense hail and rain for about 10-15mins.

10MM rain fell in 15 mins. Flash flooding throughout the area. In Ennis, water flowed down streets and main roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

60kms north of Galway in mayo. Sky like coal. Severe rain, thunder and lightening. Air is cold, you can see your breath. Car reading 6.5c

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭dexter647

Very jealous of all ye feckers in the west getting some action:mad:...Anyway enjoy and please get some pics

• Registered Users Posts: 31,925 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

dexter647 wrote: »
    Very jealous of all ye feckers in the west getting some action:mad:...Anyway enjoy and please get some pics

Have it. Take it!

Big flash of lightning again in Tuam.

And as I typed that, my Mother walks passed the window with a feckin' umbrella up! Fry yourself woman!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭RuthieRose

Good storm. Se long loud rumbles. Encore!

Advertisement