Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The RTE spin machine

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

Did TV3 lead with it as top story or are they in on the conspiracy too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭PC CDROM

realies wrote: »
    The murder of Alan Ryan is the biggest killing of a senior Republican in the Republic since Seamus Costello back in 1977, It has huge significance for this country .....

ehhhh.... no.

I can assume you don't really know much about republican history.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

PC CDROM wrote: »
    ahhh.... no.

Well educate me then or do you just make posts and leave them in the air ?

And don't say Dominic mcglinchey as at the time he was killed he was out of the INLA and on the run from everyone. And also you are assuming wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

syklops wrote: »
    Because hurling and the Real IRA are so closely aligned.

Would you say Henry Shefflin and Joe Canning are the generals..??
    And there will be 83,000 RIRA sympathisers in Croke Park today..??
    Sincerely hope you are taking the piss, if not then you really need to get out more as statements like that are an obvious cry for help. :confused:

Bambi wrote: »
    I don't see why the funeral would make the news, the shooting would but the funeral is really only of interest to the print rags and the curtain twitchers that infest this country
    Who gives a **** that his funeral was today?

The murders in France is the far bigger story imo.
    Two innocent people were shot dead in france and their two daughters were let live to witness it in France. One scumbag got shot in Dublin.

Two is greater than one.

Whats the problem?

Edit: It was his burial? In that case I care even less. How is that news worthy?
    I fail to see how yet another ex-IRA man being killed (not even, it's only the funeral. What are they going to say?) is bigger than the mysterious circumstances of a family and a passer-by being shot in the head.
    Foreign news trumps local non-news.

If he was in the RIRA he was a scumbag and I don't care he is dead, and I care even less that he got buried.

Well it seems the minister for justice had more than an Interest in the funeral yesterday even if RTE had not or by some posters here that it is/was a non story.

Gardaí have begun a criminal investigation after shots were fired during the funeral of dissident republican Alan Ryan in Donaghmede yesterday.Minister for Justice Alan Shatter described some of the events at the funeral as reprehensible and absolutely unacceptable.........http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0909/events-around-ryan-funeral-unacceptable-shatter.html

PC CDROM wrote: »
    ehhhh.... no.

You get lost ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Well it seems the minister for justice had more than an Interest in the funeral yesterday even if RTE had not or by some posters here that it is/was a non story.

Gardaí have begun a criminal investigation after shots were fired during the funeral of dissident republican Alan Ryan in Donaghmede yesterday.Minister for Justice Alan Shatter described some of the events at the funeral as reprehensible and absolutely unacceptable.........http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0909/events-around-ryan-funeral-unacceptable-shatter.html

Looks at the thread title and OP.

Looks at the website you've linked to.

Indeed.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

[/URL]

You seem to have ignored this post above in your quoting of nearly everyone else
    His funeral was covered on both the 6:01 and 9 o'clock news, and also on RTE news now. I'm really not sure what your gripe with RTE is? What's the conspiracy? :confused:

http://www.rte.ie/player/#!v=10046635

Its at 5:26 mins there

http://www.rte.ie/player/#!v=10046652

and 09:16 on the 9 o'clock news

copacetic wrote: »
    You seem to have ignored this post above in your quoting of nearly everyone else

:o Must of missed it :o Thread closed and corrected so.

• Advertisement

Looks at the thread title and OP.

Looks at the website you've linked to.

Indeed.

[HTML]

Originally Posted by Magic Markerviewpost.gif

The murders in France is the far bigger story imo.[/HTML]

In your opinion it shoudent have been on the news at all, sure who cares ,Indeed is right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

slum dog wrote: »
    So where is the thread on that then?

I'm not sure the length of a thread on Boards.ie is a scientific measure of public interest in a story. Otherwise, we would all be talking about nothing but the laughable 'merits' of intelligent design.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

[HTML]

Originally Posted by Magic Markerviewpost.gif

The murders in France is the far bigger story imo.[/HTML]

In your opinion it shoudent have been on the news at all, sure who cares ,Indeed is right.

Do you often make up stuff that people say? Because I never said that.

Do you often make up stuff that people say? Because I never said that.

Read the OP read your first answer.

Its obvious that it was a major news story and rte albeit in a brief mention failed to cover the story,Yet our own minister of justice wants an investigation into it now, But you would rather our state broadcaster cover some under unfortunate murders in France.Now the question is where rte told to keep it low profile or not, thats what the OP asked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

washman3 wrote: »
    Would you say Henry Shefflin and Joe Canning are the generals..??
    And there will be 83,000 RIRA sympathisers in Croke Park today..??
    Sincerely hope you are taking the piss, if not then you really need to get out more as statements like that are an obvious cry for help. :confused:

What???

And who are Henry Shefflin and Joe Canning?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭BornToKill

And who are Henry Shefflin and Joe Canning?

It's a hurling thing. Again.

• Advertisement

BornToKill wrote: »
    It's a hurling thing. Again.

Thanks. I dont understand the rest of his post though. Why do I need to get out more?

• Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

Patriotism is where Criminals find respectability and use it to barter information .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭BornToKill

Thanks. I dont understand the rest of his post though. Why do I need to get out more?

I don't know. Maybe washman3 thinks you look very pale and could use a little sun on your face for the vitamins? That's just a guess though.

You could consider catching the All-Ireland Hurling Final replays on 30 September. That way you'd get out a little and increase your knowledge of hurling exponentially. Too birds with one stone and all that.

BornToKill wrote: »
    I don't know. Maybe washman3 thinks you look very pale and could use a little sun on your face for the vitamins? That's just a guess though.

You could consider catching the All-Ireland Hurling Final replays on 30 September. That way you'd get out a little and increase your knowledge of hurling exponentially. Too birds with one stone and all that.

Believe it or not, I am actually setting up an SSH tunnel on my Dads pc so I can watch it on the RTE player. But that wont help the paleness, as i will be indooors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Bambi wrote: »
    I don't see why the funeral would make the news, the shooting would but the funeral is really only of interest to the print rags and the curtain twitchers that infest this country

The funeral was most likely going to contain very public, powerful, paramilitary essences, which from the reports from the funeral, were absolutely correct.

Seeing such a powerful IRA presence and circus in broad daylight, where firearms were fired in "honour" was pretty disturbing from my point of view, and highlighted if anything how there is still a strong presence in Dublin as ever, despite what rubbish is reported that it is only a couple of old fellas and wannabe criminals....

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

In reference to the France shootings, stuff like that happens every day in the likes of Sudan and Uganda.

I really don't give a toss about murders in places like Sudan, Uganda and Donaghmede.

I find what happened if France far more intriguing due to the international element and the manner in which they were carried out.

Advertisement