Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's my job called??

Options
  • 08-09-2012 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭

A bit of advice please folks. I am doing initial research on moving to Canada and I am struggling to find what my job is called over there.
    I am a time served maintenance fitter and am currently working as a maintenance technician in a pharmaceutical packaging department.
    I see terms like industrial mechanic, and millwright when I am doing job searches (to check pay and availability), does anyone know if this is it???

Thinking about Toronto or Calgary as the whole family would be going. Does anyone know of a better place to get work in the manufacturing/ production/ automation sector?
    The mines and gas works are all heavy duty plant fitters and I don't have any of that done.

Many thanks,

Jim.

Comments

Advertisement