Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

changing bag

Options
  • 08-09-2012 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone can recommend a changing bag? I bought the tuetonia bag with the buggy and i hate it. i'll be using it for my little man going to the childminders so need something else for the new baby. the tuetonia is a big rectangular bag. i want something that will double as a hand bag too. doesn't have to look like a handbag but just have a compartment for my stuff. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

My wife has pink lining mama et bebe changing bag and she loves it, even though she has only been using it for 4 weeks

http://www.pinklining.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Checkout storksac.com. Nice bags that don't scream mum with nappies.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭annamcmahon

I've gone through a few nappy bags and found a regular one shoulder record bag to be the best. I got it, or to be honest my husband bought it for himself and I nicked it, in a regular bag shop. I found a lot of changing bags were more style over substance.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Yep!

I use this:

technics_black_bag.jpg

Fits enough crap for 2 kids plus my wallet etc.

The print is nearly gone now anyway. Also means other half will use it when he has both kids!

The shop I work in used to do a changing bag range from the US, just like my bag but starting at €45!

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭staticdoor71

Www.pigsback.com have a nice one on offer €29 made by yummy mummy. was considering one myself. even has a clip for mummys keys!!! Im forever loosing mine in her "Suitcase"!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

I use a ruck sack :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭lmahoney79

I just use a shoulder bag from TK MAXX, works just as well as anything else. A changing bag is just a bag with enough compartments in it for your stuff, doesn't have to be particularly a "changing bag"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

I have a jujube one :
    http://ju-ju-be.com/

I think it does help to have a specific baby one - mine has 2 thermostatic pockets to keep bottles warm for cOuple hrs which is great and also a washable change mat that I use all the time when out!
    LOads of pockets for her stuff and mine, key chain - phone pocket etc!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sistema-Fold-Lunch-Cooler-4573/dp/B0057WDVR0/ref=pd_sxp_grid_i_1_0

I use one of those ^^^ for the bottles and food. It's insulated so keeps things warm as well as cool

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

I have something similar to this (bought mine last season in next)

http://www.next.co.uk/x50374s2

It pretty much fits everything, and looks like a normal handbag...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭bstar

I just use my handbag :o I said I'd buy a changing bag if after a while I couldn't fit everything in it but nearly 6 months on and still just using the handbag. Its no bigger than a normal one, just have to keep it organised

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

http://www.babyelegance.org/product_info.php?cPath=1_172&products_id=99029293

I got this one, it was only €30, but has two thermos pockets either end, two front pockets on the outside, four internal pockets and the main compartment. So it keeps everything neat and tidy. It's a good size too.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Xdancer

I have a big Jané one which I love. It has a load of different pockets inside and zipped ones outside and a changing mat. The thermal pockets are invaluable when you want to keep a bottle warm or cold.
    I can't find a link to it right now, but will post one when I find one. It cost 45€ but was worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Big handbag here too. Loads of large handbags around. Tk maxx, next, monsoon, dunnes, anywhere.
    Just get one with a shoulder strap so it can go over the buggy handles as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

We have the JJ cole 180 system bag in blue vine & so far we really like it :) Changing bags are pricey for what they are but our bag came with the following (buggy straps, a soother pod & a changing mat that holds nappies & wipes so works as a stand alone item) all included in the price! Was nice to see accessories included - it's so rare these days :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

After p*ssing myself off carrying around a small handbag and a baby bag, I bought this from Amazon: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRY9OAfhtBCQUNNRsfVlOYkIy8yn50Z_4NzlqlL_oqZ6v3eq-6-PSgN6HVj
    It has a zipped section in the middle for my stuff and two outer sections closed with velcro for changing wallet, change of clothes etc. Two pockets either side for umbrella, baby bottle or water bottle. A really handy key thingy too which saves the 5 minute game of 'hunt the key' and it's wipeable. Expensive by my standards, but worth every penny to fit everything in while not lugging around a back-breaker. Should do when I go back to work too - can fit a folder into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

http://www.hipbaby.ie/hobo-family-tree-changing-rosebud-london-p-1576.html

this is ours..love it. has the thermal pockets etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭March11

I second the organiser bag from Baby Elegance, it was only €30 and it is a brilliant size and has great compartments and bottles sections etc. Cheap n cheerful, yet perfectly pratical and I am a new moma with a 16 wk old!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I have a Mama's and Papa's one that I got as a gift. It's just plain black, kind of satchelly. 3 big spaces inside, plus a changing mat. An insulated pocket inside to keep bottle warm. One big zip pocket on back, 2 pockets on front for my purse etc. A small pocket on either side of bag, big enough for dummies, car keys etc. It's great as I can bring everything but the kitchen sink out with me:D

Advertisement