Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Changing Nationality

12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭michelleling

mcwinning wrote: »
    Does adopting the Irish way of life, Irish culture and embracing Irish traditions not make you Irish?

HEAR!

IrishAm wrote: »
    You threatened me with court. I have contacts that are Euro

Haha trolling again!..

Still waiting for your reply and stop trolling!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Did anyone here pay for the Sealand Passport after? Dual citizenship with a limited worlwide recognition but hey it wasn't that expensive. I still feel cool describing myself as half Irish, half Sealandic. :pac:

Did anyone here pay for the Sealand Passport after? Dual citizenship with a limited worlwide recognition but hey it wasn't that expensive. I still feel cool describing myself as half Irish, half Sealandic. :pac:

Tell me more :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Why? You want one of them too? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

scudzilla wrote: »
    Why? You want one of them too? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Yes, get a grip! I know it burns you.. Well If I am Irish soon, I might wanna have that one too! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭IrishAm

Because she is a citizen. I think people are now assuming that nationality, citizenship, and heritage all mean the same thing.

She is not a citizen. Read the thread. I understand that you non whites stick together, I respect that.

She claims that she will be a Irish citizen soon. Thanks to Shatter.

Yet brings up the famine to slag us off...............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Killer Wench

She is not a citizen. Read the thread. I understand that you non whites stick together, I respect that.

Yeah, us non-whites stick together. Don't you know? We are all friends on facebook.

"I understand that you non whites stick together"? That is so prejudice!
    Citizenship has nothing to do with Shatter but the Law!!!!!!!!!

Nearly every country in the world have their citizenship law!. Leave Shatter out of this!.. Besides, God bless him tho ;)

Yeah, us non-whites stick together. Don't you know? We are all friends on facebook.

Do what you do. Make up lies about being Native Americans if you want.

We, Europeans, shall leave and leave you living you in tepees?

Is that fooking cool?:cool:

• Advertisement

"I understand that you non whites stick together"? That is so prejudice!
    Citizenship has nothing to do with Shatter but the Law!!!!!!!!!

Nearly every country in the world have their citizenship law!. Leave Shatter out of this!.. Besides, God bless him tho ;)

I now live in a predominantly non white area.

Truth, like.

When am I in court, Naija girl?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Killer Wench

Do what you do. Make up lies about being Native Americans if you want.

We, Europeans, shall leave and leave you living you in tepees?

Is that fooking cool?:cool:

Oh dear. Is this the best you could come up with?

Truth, like.

When am I in court, Naija girl?

Do you really live in a predominantly non white area? The last time I check, Nigerians and all other black africans combined living in Ireland are not more than 70,000. Now if this amount predominates more than 4,000,000 people then you are out of your mind!!

Meet me tomorrow and we go to court

Do you really live in a predominantly non white area? The last time I check, Nigerians and all other black africans combined living in Ireland are not more than 70,000. Now if this amount predominates more than 4,000,000 people then you are out of your mind!!

What are you talking about> Some negrophile came at me?

I dont know what you mean.

Yes. I live in a predominantly non white area. Notcool. But we are sound with it.

Yes. I live in a predominantly non white area. Notcool. But we are sound with it.

Cool. Keep living in that area. Its good for your health and well-being ;)

Non White re the most amazing people on the planet, so you are blessed to live in their predominant area

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Sealand is a former WW2 military sea fort in the North Sea off the coast of Suffolk. In 1967 former British Army Major Paddy Roy Bates occupied the Platform and declared an independent State as its situated out of British territorial waters. To date courts in England and Germany have recognised Sealand's sovereignty albeit in a roundabout and very complicated way.:pac:

In an attempt to raise money Bates and his son tried to entice IT companies to the 'country' during the last decade which in fact actually worked. Another money making enterprise they have is the sale of passports, Lordships and Ladyships. Hence me biting the line.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Father Damo

scudzilla wrote: »

On The Late Late Show last night were 4 Nigerian Ladies who have been living in Galway for 10yrs, last week they all became Irish Citizens.

It always baffles me how so many people from warm sunny countries could psychologically be able to live in Galway :confused: I felt suicidal on a weekend away there due to the weather, never mind living there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

It always baffles me how so many people from warm sunny countries could psychologically be able to live in Galway :confused: I felt suicidal on a weekend away there due to the weather, never mind living there.

Don't bother coming back so.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

I see the usual nonsense is in full effect.
    There are many a reason why Irish people moved to the New World. If you want to compare Irish emigration to the New World, with mass third world immigration into Ireland, please set up a thread.

There is no "mass third world immigration" into this country.

• Absolute utter bollox. Thats one of the most small minded comments you can get, so simple yet nationality is not so straight forward as that.

I'm sorry but somebody born abroad and left there when they were 1, does not constitute as "their" nationality.

Are Ronan O'Gara and Jamie Heaslip American and Israeli respectively and not Irish? Please answer I would be interested to hear your opinion on this.

+1

There's a bogger idiot from Donegal who works with me in London and that's the kind of thing she'd say. I wish some people could get it into their heads that other people are not exactly like them and might have different life circumstances. Plenty of people have parents of two different nationalities or are born in one place but don't grow up there. If your parents are both Irish and you were born in Ireland, then grand, yes, you're Irish. For a lot of people, it's a lot more complicated than that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

County first, country second :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭planetX

I was born in a country that I have no family links to, and have lived in ireland since the age of 5, but I can't afford to be Irish. 1125 euro because I didn't know to apply before the age of 18. I believe asylum seekers have the fee waived, should I apply for asylum from the West of Ireland???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

I'm delighted and honoured that people who come to live in my country and contribute it should want to share nationality with us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Dublin 15?
    Balbriggan?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭doolox

I think the nation state as we knew it is failing and about to change to a much bigger and difficult to manage polity which I have seen called a civilisation state.

In victorian times a language and a religious set of values defined a nation state. We Irish did not have a linguistic difference to our near neighbours but rather a religious difference which coloured our thinking and made us strive for self-rule and independence from our near neighbours.

Our immigration policy is dictated in the main by our increasingly close ties with Europe which means we must accept people from parts of the World that have a less than savoury reputation. Every persons case muct be looked at individually.

Unfortunately for them, neither Nigeria or Romania have a good reputation at the moment but there is bound to be a huge variation in the characters of people from these countries which people in decision making roles need to take into account.

Also it is the people at the bottom of the social spectrum who bear the brunt of any negative consequence from immigration:- different behaviours and expectations regarding noise, queueing, dealing with children ,seeking social services, sharing space at work etc all can lead to problems and conflict.

Many people fail to engage with people from different countries to correct their behaviour on the mistaken belief that such correction would be seen as racist. I feel that tha failure of authorities to correct anti-social behaviour in new citizens or residents is in itself racist because we should set equally high expectations of every citizen and resident in our state regardless of race etc..

I am from a warm country myself, but believe me after all these years of hot sun, you would wanna move to a place that is cold enough. I suppose thats the vice versa of those living in Ireland and in Cold countries.

It is life my dear

Nodin wrote: »
    I see the usual nonsense is in full effect.

There is no "mass third world immigration" into this country.

Haha Tell him!

planetX wrote: »
    I was born in a country that I have no family links to, and have lived in ireland since the age of 5, but I can't afford to be Irish. 1125 euro because I didn't know to apply before the age of 18. I believe asylum seekers have the fee waived, should I apply for asylum from the West of Ireland???

You are trolling now really and looking for attention. We both know that you can never apply for an asylum so stop trolling!

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Dublin 15?
    Balbriggan?

Tallaght he said, that is where he is from ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

planetX wrote: »

You are trolling now really and looking for attention. We both know that you can never apply for an asylum so stop trolling!

How is he trolling, stop looking for Issues with everybodies post!!

Your contribution on here feels to me like you are trying to up your post count so you can use it to show how you've integrated into irish society.

Note id say 'feels to me', so no need to jump on it as if im quoting fact, its just my personnal opinion.

Ask yourself who the real troll here is (",)

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Dublin 15?
    Balbriggan?
    doolox wrote: »
    I think the nation state as we knew it is failing and about to change to a much bigger and difficult to manage polity which I have seen called a civilisation state.

In victorian times a language and a religious set of values defined a nation state. We Irish did not have a linguistic difference to our near neighbours but rather a religious difference which coloured our thinking and made us strive for self-rule and independence from our near neighbours.

Our immigration policy is dictated in the main by our increasingly close ties with Europe which means we must accept people from parts of the World that have a less than savoury reputation. Every persons case muct be looked at individually.

Unfortunately for them, neither Nigeria or Romania have a good reputation at the moment but there is bound to be a huge variation in the characters of people from these countries which people in decision making roles need to take into account.

Also it is the people at the bottom of the social spectrum who bear the brunt of any negative consequence from immigration:- different behaviours and expectations regarding noise, queueing, dealing with children ,seeking social services, sharing space at work etc all can lead to problems and conflict.

Many people fail to engage with people from different countries to correct their behaviour on the mistaken belief that such correction would be seen as racist. I feel that tha failure of authorities to correct anti-social behaviour in new citizens or residents is in itself racist because we should set equally high expectations of every citizen and resident in our state regardless of race etc..

"In victorian times a language and a religious set of values defined a nation state."? Well Nigerians for example is an English speaking country and 99.99% of Nigerians living in Ireland are all Christians!

You talked about Nigerians and Romanians having bad reputation? Can you prove this? Have a Nigerian ever robbed you or did a dreadful thing to you or someone you know?

Need I remind you that Citizenship requires that you must be a Good Citizen and Nigerians have the highest rate of acquiring Irish Citizenship!

In order words, those Nigerians hardly even break a red light or arrested for anti social behaviour... The are far more good Citizens that millions of Irish I think!

finally if you wanna talk about Immigration and its difference, talk about millions of Irish emigrating to America, asking for food, shelter, job and all...

I hope all Americans will be saying negatively about those Irish, are they?

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    How is he trolling, stop looking for Issues with everybodies post!!

Your contribution on here feels to me like you are trying to up your post count so you can use it to show how you've integrated into irish society.

Note id say 'feels to me', so no need to jump on it as if im quoting fact, its just my personnal opinion.

Ask yourself who the real troll here is (",)

Up my post count? Really? Who cares about a post count? I am trying to educated the uneducated, open the eyes of the ignorant and let them see the world at it is...

You' re right in one thing tho. I have integrated within Irish society and will continue to do so. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

There are many a reason why Irish people moved to the New World. If you want to compare Irish emigration to the New World, with mass third world immigration into Ireland, please set up a thread.

Please do. :cool:

I already raised the issue of the Famine and you never answered me.
    So let me just get it straight- it's OK for us to mass emigrate to other countries but not OK for other people to immigrate to Ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Closed for review, and to stop the dozens of reported posts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

RachaelVO wrote: »
    Me too. I'm married to a Dutch guy, living in dutchland, and I'd NEVER give up my Irish Passport. Wny would I want to? Although it's kinda different, I'm an EU citizen living in another EU country. There are benefits to giving up an outside EU nationality to get that wine coloured document!

If I wasn't Irish id like to be Dutch.

A grand bunch of lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

IrishAm and michelleling banned.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement