Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celebrity Bainisteoir - Moy Davitts

Options
  • 08-09-2012 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭

Best of luck to Moy Davitts in Celebrity Bainisteoir. Going to be interesting with Calum Best as their manager. Looking forward to bumping into him in Guirys! Good buzz around as well.

More here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭the_pits

finisklin wrote: »
    Best of luck to Moy Davitts in Celebrity Bainisteoir. Going to be interesting with Calum Best as their manager. Looking forward to bumping into him in Guirys! Good buzz around as well.

More here

I personally think the word "Celebrity" is to much, what has he done to be classed as being a "celebrity", have I missed his block buster movie, did he have a best selling CD. As far as I can see he has done sweet FA apart from getting drunk in night clubs and getting photograph without his shirt on.......Wow....whoopy weee, sure I could do that. Guy is 100% leach taking you all for the suckers you are. Celebrity ...........My Arse :mad:

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

the_pits wrote: »
    I personally think the word "Celebrity" is to much, what has he done to be classed as being a "celebrity", have I missed his block buster movie, did he have a best selling CD. As far as I can see he has done sweet FA apart from getting drunk in night clubs and getting photograph without his shirt on.......Wow....whoopy weee, sure I could do that. Guy is 100% leach taking you all for the suckers you are. Celebrity ...........My Arse :mad:

Will you quit you moaning, he is a celebrity, here have a look at google and see how many page references he gets 1.4 million!
    Go and google how many page references "the_pits" pulls up then.....

You can change the channel, not read the thread or maybe get out a wee bit more.

It will be a good laugh, something we need in this environment instead of the continual doom, gloom and moaning.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Graciefacey

Here here! I deal with moany gits all week at work, this and the mayo final are having a positive effect and giving the country a lift. The naysayers can go and f_in jump

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Here here! I deal with moany gits all week at work, this and the mayo final are having a positive effect and giving the country a lift. The naysayers can go and f_in jump

Its the MidWest Radio /Joe Duffy affect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭finisklin

Celebrity is measured on a scale of A-Z and he is definitely towards the Z scale! He might work some magic and Davitts could go far in this comp.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭False Prophet

Celebrity is measured on a scale of A-Z and he is definitely towards the Z scale! He might work some magic and Davitts could go far in this comp.
    While he certainly is no "A" class celeb he certainly is nearer a than z:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

What's he famous for, being a famous pissheads son?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    He has done something we would all like to do. Shagged Georgia Salpa.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭False Prophet

Hmmm im sensing a dislike to george best;)
    He famous for his surname (being the only son of george best) + having the same skill with the ladies as his father.
    He has also done alot of celeb tv programs.
    Alot of people argue that he shouldn't be a celeb only because of that, but thats the era we live in.

No dislike to Georgie, he deserved his fame, made something of himself then threw it away. The same can't be said for his son. I think it's sad that people watch this crap on a Sunday, might as well bring back Glenroe, it couldn't be any more cringey. Glad I'm not a TV watcher

• Advertisement

It's for charity if I'm not mistaken so I couldn't give a toss who the manager is. Community spirit is the key, but that's evidently lacking around the place! I wish them all the best of luck :p

What charities and how much do they donate?

What charities and how much do they donate?
    The Pessimism association of Ireland.

Any real charities, or did you just make that bit up to justify the showing of this crap on TV?

Any real charities, or did you just make that bit up to justify the showing of this crap on TV?
    My god you're a very bitter angry little man. As far as I am aware there is a charity element to it, I don't watch it or intend to but I do appreciate the positive effect it is having on the area from talking to locals. It had a very positive effect in Kilconly boosting team morale. As regards cast crew etc spending money locally be it on a cup of tea or a hotel room it all benefits the local community. But then again some people are never happy!

More like, I'm an ex celebrity factor bull****

If I knew that this thread was going to turn into this I wouldn't have bothered......:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Defiler Of The Coffin

Well at the very least he might bring some good looking women to Foxford. Badly needed there.

Well at the very least he might bring some good looking women to Foxford. Badly needed there.

Not sure if he will be bringing his own wimin with him, certainly he will bring out the finest wimin of the locality.

Lock up your g/fs and wives while he is around......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Defiler Of The Coffin

Not sure if he will be bringing his own wimin with him, certainly he will bring out the finest wimin of the locality.

Lock up your g/fs and wives while he is around......

I know, in fairness to the man he has pulled some amount of birds. Celebrity or no at the very least he deserves a high five. If he can't get Davitts to score then no-one can

• Advertisement

. If he can't get Davitts to score then no-one can

As long as it's not an own goal :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

Its great, everyone makes some money from this, the celeb, the tv channel, the advisers, the local hotel, local cafe, pity the only ones not making a bob are those slogging it out on the field :(

signostic wrote: »
    Its great, everyone makes some money from this, the celeb, the tv channel, the advisers, the local hotel, local cafe, pity the only ones not making a bob are those slogging it out on the field :(

The same as the AI last Sunday. Thats why its called an amateur game!

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Mayo Miss

I know, in fairness to the man he has pulled some amount of birds. Celebrity or no at the very least he deserves a high five. If he can't get Davitts to score then no-one can
    Any man can get a woman. It's getting her to stay around that's important.

Not all women would fall at Calum Best's feet. He ain't my cup of tea at all.

As for the Bainisteoir, I'm sure it will bring some fun to Moy Davitts, and that can only be a good thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

yop wrote: »
    The same as the AI last Sunday. Thats why its called an amateur game!
    Its just I don`t like to see these guys and other hangers-on projecting their image to make further money at the expense of amateur athletes

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Azures

Back to the topic ... Well Done today Moy Davitts! Great game, great turn out, great for the town- why all the grumbling on this thread? And well done Callum Best!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Hear he has his eyes on a young lassie in the Moy Davitts club!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

seligehgit wrote: »
    Hear he has his eyes on a young lassie in the Moy Davitts club!!:D
    Lock up your daughters :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Fantastic result for Moy Davitts!

• Advertisement

Well done Davitts! Must have been hard to concentrate with Roz Purcell on the sidelines. A good boost for the club and great celebrations to boot. I hope Calum didn't get carried away......

Advertisement