Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Economics in a year!

• 08-09-2012 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hey , I am currently doing economics for this year coupled with all my other school subjects 6 hl (including economics) and 2 ol (irish , maths) whats the best way to study this subject in a year? when do you start doing exam questions after you finished reading the book or at end of chapters?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35 ciaraofcourse

What book are you using? Make sure it's up to date. I used that blue Folens one that's around since like 2002 and it was grand for the theory but obviously the macroeconomic stuff wasn't up to date. Also there wasn't really any exam hints or how to answer questions.
    Are you taking grinds or anything? What I did was economics in school for 5th year, then I needed to change my timetable in 6th year so I studied Economics on my own for 6th year. I didn't take grinds but I went to the Christmas revision course in the Institute of Education. Got good notes there so after that I don't think I used the book at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 DanielC95

What book are you using? Make sure it's up to date. I used that blue Folens one that's around since like 2002 and it was grand for the theory but obviously the macroeconomic stuff wasn't up to date. Also there wasn't really any exam hints or how to answer questions.
    Are you taking grinds or anything? What I did was economics in school for 5th year, then I needed to change my timetable in 6th year so I studied Economics on my own for 6th year. I didn't take grinds but I went to the Christmas revision course in the Institute of Education. Got good notes there so after that I don't think I used the book at all.

Thanks ,
    I'm using "Positive Economics" published this year. No , Currently not taking any grinds, but the Counsellor did mention that I would be going to the IOE for revision course later in the year.

Advertisement