Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open Source Project

Options
  • 08-09-2012 10:53pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So I started working on a project. I have done little research into the area and I know it's been done to death already by industry. What I'm thinking though, is an open source version of the project released into the wild.

The project itself is a traffic management network/system. The idea is to interconnect traffic lights and junctions, which will work together to ease congestion. Would anyone be interested in developing the project further?

What would be involved would mainly be developing algorithms and machine vision applications for management.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭sf80

Get a wiki set up and start publishing (github maybe?)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Good idea.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 1,334 Mod ✭✭✭✭croo

It's always worth checking if there is already somethng similar in the FOSS world so you don't have to invent the wheel from scratch - and perhaps more importantly such projects are a likely source of others with a similar vision/goal.

With that in mind http://minitraff.sourceforge.net/ might be of interest.

Advertisement