Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Putting timetable on an iphone?

• 08-09-2012 11:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 188 ✭✭

Hi, just wondering if anyone has done this from http://tt.daniel.ie/,
    Seems more set towards android phones, anyone with an iphone tried it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 408 ✭✭certifiedcrepe

Yeah save it as a file on your computer, upload it onto dropbox, and download the dropbox app on the app store!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 188 ✭✭DJW11

Thanks certifiedcrepe. Do you download the file as a .ics file? Thats what I did and all you said, dropbox on my iphone tells me it cant view file?

Uhm I'm not too sure. Maybe take a screenshot and crop it and upload it as png or jpeg!

Oh & also, once you open it in dropbox, press the star button because then you won't have to have internet to view it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Take a screen shot of it and save it in paint as a jpeg and copy it onto your phone Save it somewhere thats easy to access and you can open and use it without internet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

I just saved it as a screenshot too, pretty easy to access then.

May just screen shot it from the UL page seems the most straight forward way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

DJW11 wrote: »
    May just screen shot it from the UL page seems the most straight forward way
    Better off using the daniel.ie timetable, way more straightforward and you can make sense of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Add to google calendar then use calendar app on iphone

• Advertisement

how do you actually view that file though? either my iphone or pc wont open it to view it?

on my iphone once downloaded it asked to open in either my calender or dropbox, neither open it when selected

obviously need to set up a google account to use it yeah?

I'm sure you can do it other ways but google is probably your best bet since you can use push to get your mail from their exchange server too. Just go calendar, settings, import calendar and you're set. You could also probably subscribe to a the url which would contain the ics file on tt.daniel.ie and you would constantly be getting the newest version of the calendar.

wheres this import calender option?

got it, cheers all.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Landoflemon

I took a screenshot of a timetable i did in Excel and then put that as my lock screen on the iPhone, very easy way to get a quick glance at it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

Classes app for iPhone, best timetable app going ;)

IMO my way is better because you can just swipe down from any screen and see your current and up coming calendar events

Advertisement