Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Netbook for kids?

• 09-09-2012 12:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

My 9 yr old wants a netbook for Xmas,Is it worth it vs a laptop? He plays moshi monsters and driving games can they manage that successfully?Some much older sites say they are slow on games.This current laptop on way out I want a new one so the kids getting a netbook would spare my new machine. Any comments would be helpful ,thanks..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

Tablets seem to be more popular among kids for games tbh.

60/70 quid I think and should be back in stock in three days

http://www.futeko.com/products/TAB024.php

• Registered Users Posts: 9 suzanne.

Thanks we have a tablet already but I can't seem to get a PDF reader on it for games, for some of the ones they visit.Yeah I hear netbooks will be left behind .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Monkeynut

do you mean flash for games?

i think flash will only work on supported andriod tablets. plus adobe is phasing out flash on alot of platforms.

laptop the way to go, tesco where selling a decent enough laptop for online games for 299.
    not sure if they still are, but look around you could get one for around that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 suzanne.

Yes it's the adobe that the tab is not compatible with.I think maybe a laptop for them and a tablet for me, now just to find all that cash...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Android is loosing Flash support too, Netbook would be the best bet at present for playing online flash games :)

Nick

Advertisement