Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vinyl to CD.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭TroutMask

Vinyl transfers are time-consuming. I do them when I can face the process. To get good results you need: a record-cleaning machine (fluid); a good TT with a nice arm and cartridge; a good phono pre; an acceptable audio interface; software. Some interfaces have the RIAA filtering built-in, so you can avoid that stage. If the records suffer from groove damage, you might need declicking and/or decrackling software or hardware as well. Sometimes i use these - though surface noise/clicks doesn't really bother me too much - and a run through the cleaning machine removes most of the dust.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,450 ✭✭✭Rigsby

ytrehod wrote: »
    Hello Rigsby, I have a conversion service in Wicklow. I also work in Dublin, mayby you can get your albums to me at work? See my ad. here: http://www.buyandsell.ie/music-and-entertainment/cds-dvd/wicklow/vinyl-albums-and-cassette-tapes-to-cd
    All the best.

Thanks. I have sent you a text.

TroutMask wrote: »
    Vinyl transfers are time-consuming. I do them when I can face the process. To get good results you need: a record-cleaning machine (fluid); a good TT with a nice arm and cartridge; a good phono pre; an acceptable audio interface; software. Some interfaces have the RIAA filtering built-in, so you can avoid that stage. If the records suffer from groove damage, you might need declicking and/or decrackling software or hardware as well. Sometimes i use these - though surface noise/clicks doesn't really bother me too much - and a run through the cleaning machine removes most of the dust.

Thanks for your input. I think I have all that is required.... time, LP's in good clean condition, a good turn table, soft ware etc, all I'm missing is the know how. :D

No matter what I do, I cant get "Audacity" to function for starters.

Problem solved !!

I have given my albums to "ytrehod" for conversion at a very reasonable price. :)

Rigsby wrote: »
    Problem solved !!

I have given my albums to "ytrehod" for conversion at a very reasonable price. :)

Got my albums and CD's back today from "ytrehod", and I have to say that I am delighted with them. What's more, he is a gent to do business with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 fintank2013

Based on the previous postings, I gave a double album to "ytrehod" last week and, apart from the very reasonable price already mentioned, he turned it 'round for me in 24 hours. He couldn't have been more helpful, and I concur with Rigsby - he IS a thorough gent to business with. I wish there were more people like him.

Advertisement